In between tees

Bobthesock

Visit site
Went for a tee fitting with my pro today and he said I'm right inbetween a pink and white castle tee. Would you go for the higher or lower option?
Irons are not a problem as he said the little green ones were absolutely perfect for my swing

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went for a tee fitting with my pro today and he said I'm right inbetween a pink and white castle tee. Would you go for the higher or lower option?
Irons are not a problem as he said the little green ones were absolutely perfect for my swing

Quick Google, pink 59mm white 51mm

Buy a box of normal tees and draw a line at 55mm

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I’d go higher out of that choice but I‘ve switched back to normal tees. when teeing up I lean forward with my driver head next to the tee so I can see how high the ball is in relation. This is really useful as you can raise it slightly if you are catching it low on the day.

RichA

Visit site
Have you considered going with the bigger ones but putting 4mm insoles in your golf shoes? That will effectively put you in the sweet spot between the two tee heights.
Alternatively, consider a custom Vokey gap tee

Bobthesock

Visit site
Have you considered going with the bigger ones but putting 4mm insoles in your golf shoes? That will effectively put you in the sweet spot between the two tee heights.
Alternatively, consider a custom Vokey gap tee
Never heard of a vokey tee, I tend to not use a tee for a wedge though. The insole is a good idea actually. Would I have the alter the lie of my clubs though?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I played with a new academy member who complained to me that they didn’t know how to balance the ball on the point of their pink castle tee…the wide base made it easy to stand the tee on the ground, but after that…stuck. It was easy with an airball.

The above is not quite true, what is true is the same academy member, after me asking what they were doing teeing and reteeing their ball multiple times every hole, telling me that they found it really difficult to tee the ball up on the line between the markers…yes really 🙄

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whilst some may see this as a joke it was one of the first things I asked the pro when I first started to play golf and still get amazed at how high some players tee the ball up for irons.

Wooden tees as they allow you to vary the height to suit the shot.

I am still working out what to do the 200 or so pink tees that I have found, I hate just leaving them on the ground.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Whilst some may see this as a joke it was one of the first things I asked the pro when I first started to play golf and still get amazed at how high some players tee the ball up for irons.

I am still working out what to do the 200 or so pink tees that I have found, I hate just leaving them on the ground.

Next monthly medal just use them to spell out ‘Play Well’ on the first tee
You get rid of the tees and it gives folks a nice wee message starting their round :giggle:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Pink castle/barrel tees are by far the most commonly found tees on my course, which is good since I use them as well. I doubt I will ever run out since I find two for every one that I lose. You could probably sell yours for 50p for 20 or something.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Pink castle/barrel tees are by far the most commonly found tees on my course, which is good since I use them as well. I doubt I will ever run out since I find two for every one that I lose. You could probably sell yours for 50p for 20 or something.
I am sure @Oddsocks will buy some

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What has this forum become
More importantly. have you entered in your Club knockout’s this year?

Great read last time out.

Incidentally we were in Ibiza earlier this month with 20 Villa fans, well some blue noses on a stag do. They never stopped singing the John McGinn song. thought of you

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
More importantly. have you entered in your Club knockout’s this year?

Great read last time out.

Incidentally we were in Ibiza earlier this month with 20 Villa fans, well some blue noses on a stag do. They never stopped singing the John McGinn song. thought of you

Hahaha I have!

One write up in the old thread already and coincidentally - my next match this evening!!