In between tees

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have no idea what to make of this thread.
airplane-paper-hat.gif

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
You could cut a little bit out from the middle of your pink tees and then super-glue them back together.
This might be tricky as you would be cutting out such a small piece.
Maybe easier to take orange ones and cut the necessary slice out from the middle to make them your perfect size and then super-glue back together.

Great thread - really got me thinking.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The simple answer is to buy a 3D printer and make tees exactly the size you require.

RichA

Visit site
You could cut a little bit out from the middle of your pink tees and then super-glue them back together.
This might be tricky as you would be cutting out such a small piece.
Maybe easier to take orange ones and cut the necessary slice out from the middle to make them your perfect size and then super-glue back together.

Great thread - really got me thinking.
What a faff. And cutting and glueing would ruin the tee's structural integrity.
Much simpler to buy a lathe and just cut away the bottom 4mm of the castle section. Hell, if you already own a bench drill and a small chisel you won't even need to spend 3 grand on a lathe.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Its a difficult problem. Does your club publish daily tee grass cut heights ? If not, you can be wasting your time just looking at the plastic tee.

You have to calibrate the height of tee you use to the height of grass under your shoes. Allowing for a compaction factor. Can easily vary up to 10mm compressed, which totally throws off the relative height of the ball on a given tee.

If catching the ball too low in the clubface, you will usually see that the tees havent been cut. Hitting it heavy, and tees possibly cut too tightly. Have a word with the groundsmen in this case.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
What a faff. And cutting and glueing would ruin the tee's structural integrity.
Much simpler to buy a lathe and just cut away the bottom 4mm of the castle section. Hell, if you already own a bench drill and a small chisel you won't even need to spend 3 grand on a lathe.
Yes, that seems like a much better solution.
Perhaps it is because I don't have the best DIY kit that I didn't think of it.

And the 3D printing idea - absolutely brilliant.

Very productive day's thinking work done by everyone - well done all.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I already pick up the two parts of broken little green tees that litter our teeing grounds - take all the little spikes and tops home, a little bit of filing and trimming, splash of super glue and bob's yer nice new little green tee. And I carry a pencil sharpener for all those broken wooden tees. Sorted.

sunshine

Visit site
I already pick up the two parts of broken little green tees that litter our teeing grounds - take all the little spikes and tops home, a little bit of filing and trimming, splash of super glue and bob's yer nice new little green tee. And I carry a pencil sharpener for all those broken wooden tees. Sorted.
Love the idea of a pencil sharpener!
Maybe carry some tippex* too so you can repaint the sharpened bit.

* My children recently found some tippex in an old pencil case of mine at the bottom of a box. They were confused by this artefact, even after I had explained it to them. Another casualty of the digital age, a bit like the rotary phone.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

* My children recently found some tippex in an old pencil case of mine at the bottom of a box. They were confused by this artefact, even after I had explained it to them. Another casualty of the digital age, a bit like the rotary phone.
Do they actually not write anything at school nowadays?? I remember if you had the Tippex mouse thing, the instantly-drying kind of cassette-tape version of it, you were a legend. Except it would get nicked within the week.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do they actually not write anything at school nowadays?? I remember if you had the Tippex mouse thing, the instantly-drying kind of cassette-tape version of it, you were a legend. Except it would get nicked within the week.
Hello Grandad :ROFLMAO: . I thought you were one of the younger ones on here?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

I still remember the shock and awe when I saw my first 'trim' phone o_O

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Still about 20 years since I was at school - and several years before my daughter goes! I'd be staggered if they literally do not teach kids to write at all??
I can put your mind to rest. Yes, kids are still taught to write, not everything is on a computer or tablet. Tippex made as much mess as it cleaned and so it is discouraged now. As kids get older, most work is uploaded via computer but writing is still part of the deal.