Switzerland seek Fifa arrests!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Now that the pm is interfering the sanctions could be worse. FIFA have banned nations from qualication due to government involvement.

Not it sure it will get that far though.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well they normally fine countries FA about £20 to £30 grand for vile racist and facist abuse from crowds so shouldn't be up to those levels if the FA's ignore FIFA but then again this is the same organisation that fine a player more for showing underwear saying Paddy Power than crowds for shouting vile abuse.

D

Deleted member 18588

Bluewolf responded well but I would add to that that football is a worldwide game and this match will be televised, lots of people to offend there. It is also a world cup qualifier and as such is an official FIFA match. What applies to this game applies all over the world. If this was a friendly then I suspect there would not be an issue but it isn't.

Televised where?

This isn't a Premier League game which, I accept is of interest throughout the world. It is a match that will be of no interest outside England and Scotland.

In any event none of this gets away from Phil's original point that with all its other problems, including the corruption which it continues to try tgloss over, FIFA can find the time to make an issue over this.

Surely it wouldn't be because it sees the FA & SFA as easy targets compared with its own internal dishonesty?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
FIFA are not making an issue of it. The rule is clear to see, they are applying it. The FA, SFA, politicians, press and forumers are making the issue. Accept the rule and move on, we are golfers after all and know all about accepting rules.

D

Deleted member 18588

FIFA are not making an issue of it. The rule is clear to see, they are applying it. The FA, SFA, politicians, press and forumers are making the issue. Accept the rule and move on, we are golfers after all and know all about accepting rules.

In view of what has previously been allowed on this very point in recent years I would suggest that the application of any rule is very far from clear.

Reading the background it would appear that this may be a case of the so called new regime at FIFA wanting to be seen as doing something and this is an easy target.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
"Rules are for the guidance of wise men, and the adherence of fools." Sometimes hiding behind a rule is cowardice, and going against a rule for the greater good requires strong people.

I don't know either way if FIFA have got it right or wrong. I will be wearing mine with pride, and for no other reason than to remember the great sacrifices made. If others have a different opinion, politically or otherwise, that's fine.

D

Deleted member 15344

Good to see from the FA

IMG_1251.JPG

Shame there won't be any shirts to auction off after

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Televised where?

This isn't a Premier League game which, I accept is of interest throughout the world. It is a match that will be of no interest outside England and Scotland.

In any event none of this gets away from Phil's original point that with all its other problems, including the corruption which it continues to try tgloss over, FIFA can find the time to make an issue over this.

Surely it wouldn't be because it sees the FA & SFA as easy targets compared with its own internal dishonesty?

I agree. They made an exception in the Spain game a few years back, but it was on the understanding it was a one off. They are wrong in their stance but they see the poppy as a political symbol. I don't agree with it one iota but the rules are very clear in their rules. It seems very clear and all this rhetoric from May and the press seems to be an attempt to curry favour and create a story that perhaps isn't really there

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
You would need to ask the IRB. My thoughts to that is the rugby world is a small one whereas football covers just about every country going. Far more people to keep happy so blanket bans are simpler.

Simple solution to this. Players wear poppies to and from the game. The FA and the SFA send players representing the team to the Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday.

This ^^^ works for me

D

Deleted member 16999

...and IMO all so unnecessary. Instead - why don't the FA and SFA both donate an assumed fine of £20,000 each to the RBL rather than give it to FIFA.

Or stand up for what we believe in and wear the Poppy with pride.
Don't know what the SFA do, but the English FA do allsorts of fantastic work with the RBL and CWGC including lots of overseas work, it's not about money, is about our right to show respect to our fallen in the way we wish.

D

Deleted member 16999

And to hell with anyone else's views on how you do that?

That isn't the world we live in anymore.
England V Scotland at Wembley, who else matters?
If it was England v anyone else, fair enough, both teams are in agreement so who's views should we worry about, as said, other sports cope with it.