Swing Analyser

LHensh

Visit site
Hi,

I'm new to the game and looking for a way to get in some extra practice when not on the range or the course.

I'm currently converting our garage and am keen to use the space for practicing my swing.

Is there an affordable device on the market that will measure my distance and direction?

Thanks
Dan

Eagle2

Visit site
Thanks.

Have also come across the Optishot2 since posting. Anyone have experience of this?

Hi Mate, welcome to the game... I brought one at the beginning of lockdown and its great fun. Its hard to tell how accurate it is as alot of the data is simulated (ball flight, distance etc) It only captures pictures of the clubface going back and forth so effectively you don’t even need to hit a ball and it will work. I would say for £350 its a great bit of kit and for someone new to the game it can only help by getting you swinging more and more (especially if you focus on making sure the club head path is neutral at impact.

As soon as clubs were open again I sold mine (I just don’t have the room for it and was having to move the extension furniture around every night I wanted to use it) weirdly I sold it for nearly double on ebay as they were sold out everywhere due to COVID which was a nice bonus for me.

Just make sure you have enough headroom to use all clubs and the room you are using doesn’t have much natural sunlight as the infra-red lights can be sensitive... its not as bad as I had read elsewhere but you do need to make sure its well shaded atleast.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Depends on what affordable would be. If budget allowed my starting point would be Sky Trak for a garage set up. If not the Optishot looks a very good bit of kit. I think Liam (Golfvlogsuk on youtube) was given one to use during lockdown and it seemed to perform well (once the idiot had set it up properly)