swilcan bridge

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What is the correct spelling? Swilken or Swilcan? I seem to remember it was always Swilken.

Both are correct. It’s the Swilken Burn on maps, but an original name lost to history / gaelic / translation was Swilcanth. It’s simply yet another Scots etymological artefact.

sunshine

Visit site
The only way this makes sense is that it’s sheer incompetence. Nobody lays a hundred 20kg slabs just to explore options unless they’re an idiot.

Or unless they've increased green fees by 40% and have loads of cash lying around and have to spend it to justify the increase.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
When you walk over the bridge,Your back is to the hotel behind. Fortunately, because quite frankly it looks pig ugly and lord knows how it got planning permission. The patio looked quite nice compared to that.

Personally I think the Patio is a typical example of how rubbish ides get passed in the UK. I don’t blame the person who came up with the Patio idea. I blame the second person who agreed because at that point a rammel idea has gathered pace.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
I quite liked the new stone path to be honest. Thought it was a pretty logical solution to the issue they were facing - made with materials that complement the bridges aesthetic

Oh well :ROFLMAO:

yeah same

Not surprised the golfing community has gone wild though