swilcan bridge

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
It's a few bits of stone short of the bridge,tbh if it were not for every single group stopping and getting a photo it wouldn't be an issue, it's not like it's in play.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Pretty sure if they'd managed to do it without telling anybody, nobody would have noticed. Those stone flags are probably the result of a few million years of geological evolution as well, so in reality, they've added to the history of The Old Course.

Chunk norris

Visit site
Seen somebody on twitter saying the bridge is listed so they wouldn’t have had permission.. interesting to see how long it lasts lol but aye, it’s a riot

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I haven't been but I presume it's been done because the grass is permanently worn down to mud? What have they done previously? Do they just keep replacing the grass, accept the bare ground?

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Something needed done but not this. The combination of weather and traffic in the last couple of years has left the turf in a pretty sorry state. I‘m not sure a lot of people realise but the area did already have plastic ground protection matting in the turf.

Links Trust is already taking a too defensive line on it and I sense they will have to back pedal furiously. The response from locals over the weekend has been venemous, and rightly so I think. This is the most controversial act of vandalism to happen on the Lady since A G Sutherland restored the bunker on 15.

If you want to see what state it was in before you can see the SALT response and image in tweets below. Eye of the beholder and all that but although the before pic is bad, it’s been worse and aesthetically still preferable to a patio.