Summer is here at last .....

Timberbonce

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes i got the sunburn to prove it. and as if the weather wasn't enough i got a pb at Dunstanborough castle gc.

I went round round in 89 which is 3 under for me, but i usually really strugle on the links course.

I think it helped cos i played yesterday (at my local club) and the again today, its the first time the missus has let me out for two days running......Fingers crossed for more to come ;)

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lucky chaps! It rained here until about 4.30 pm. The good stuff is coming though, apparently.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Gorgeous weather this weekend, Id bet every course in britain is not getting a good bounce and run. Itll not be lo ng before we are begging for watered greeens etc haha.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hope its nice tomorrow, wasnt great today but i didnt play so not bothered. Stayed quite dry so i hope it does tonight too. Very warm here.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great day in East Lothian today. Got a bit of sunstroke tonight to prove it. Great game with my pal who was wearing his shades. I didn't wear the windstopper for the first time this year!

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am looking like Hank Hill from King of the Hill. I have a bright red coupon, arms and right hand (left one was covered by glove) and I am stinging like hell.

Will the wife give me sympathy? Not a chance cos she was working ;)

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I am looking like Hank Hill from King of the Hill. I have a bright red coupon, arms and right hand (left one was covered by glove) and I am stinging like hell.

:D :D shouldn't laugh but it it takes away the pain from 4th degree burns.

Seriously, ive had a bh weekend of pure sun and can't believe what a difference it makes. It's been so long since ive used sun cream i'd forgotten that the stuff stings like @£$% if you get it in your eyes.

The memories of washing bunker sand (glued on with factor 50 spf) out of the jowls and furrowed forehead each night are coming back to me.

The ball sitting 'on' the fairway and not 'in' the fairway has renewed novelty.

Feeling almost naked wearing just a polo and exposing pastey arms - it's like staring at The Emporer from Return of the Jedi!

Can't help feeling this is just an interlude to lull us into a false sense of security but it was nice while it lasted and how I mainly think about playing golf even when it's teeming down and blowing a gale. Magic :rolleyes:

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Great here in Dublin today as well-unfortunately was not playing today-spent a few hours in the back garden reading the latest GM Mag and listening to my ipod--heavenly.

mrobbie

Club Champion
Visit site
I have been hearing from the folks back home that the weather is picking up.

Looking forward to getting back to Scotland for a week from next weekend and getting out on the home courses again.

This weekend will be another weekend of reading GM on the beach :) No golf planned here this weekend.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Wonderful weather and I now have a redish arm with a white hand lol. I played at the local muni yesterday afternoon and at times felt like walking off after watching the Dunlop army with tracksuits rip the course to hell and high heaven.