Suggestions for place to play at the weekend - Surrey / M25 area

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have a friend visitng the UK this weekend, he's going to be based in the Slough area, I live in Kent so we're looking to split the difference and play somewhere in Surrey.

Any suggestions for a decent place to play on Saturday afternoon / early evening? Finding somewhere decent to play at the weekend isn't easy (or cheap), so suggestions for places offering good twilight deals would be appreciated.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's a very good suggestion, such a good suggestion in fact that me and the same friend played there last month when he was over.

It's also a little bit too near to me as I'm in West Kent.

Anyone know if The Drift is good?

Last edited:

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That's a very good suggestion, such a good suggestion in fact that me and the same friend played there last month when he was over.

It's also a little bit too near to me as I'm in West Kent.

Anyone know if The Drift is good?

Its good and been improving all the time with more and more trees coming out. Depending on when you are planning to play Saturday it might be difficult as the Mens Open is that day. Suppose that will mean absolute peak condition if you do manage to get out, guessing it will be fine in the afternoon though

Reigate Hill tend to have good rates available

Last edited:

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Its good and been improving all the time with more and more trees coming out. Depending on when you are planning to play Saturday it might be difficult as the Mens Open is that day. Suppose that will mean absolute peak condition if you do manage to get out, guessing it will be fine in the afternoon though

Reigate Hill tend to have good rates available

Thanks Hosel Fade. We'd be looking to play late-ish afternoon I think. Hopefully that would be ok? I'll check.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks Maninblack - I've played there before and the first few holes are good, as are the last couple, but the ones in between are a bit boring. Also, there is a pace of play issue....

I'm not ruling it out, but hoping we can find somewhere better.

If pace of play is an issue then be careful of The Drift. They really do try and pack them in!!

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks road2ruin.

What I'm after in an ideal world is a members club that lets visitors on the course late in the day at weekends (when members clubs are typically quiet).

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Maybe a look at West Byfleet GC. Just off the M25. Members club that allows visitors and reduced rate after 3pm at the weekend.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Farleigh could be a possibility. Not stunning, but certainly reasonable and good value at £15 after 3:00 (through Teeofftimes -http://teeofftimes.co.uk/).

Weterham or any of the others group is about the same level of quality - except The Addington which is a hefty step up in quality and price!

West Byfleet is definitely a very good course. £45 IS pricey, but if you are after quality....

Is Mill Ride a bit too close to Slough for you?

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thank you - I don't mind paying £45 if it's a good course, just wouldn't want to stump up that much cash if there were something equally as good available for less.

I've heard of Mill Ride - decent track?