Golf Holidays Abroad

Dales18

Visit site
First of all, apologies if this is a topic that has been covered before, but I'm new to this forum and struggled to find anything that answered my question.

Me and a group of friends (8 in total) are looking for a late spring weekend golfing holiday. We're all early 30's, some are life long golfers some are newer to it but can play to a reasonable low 20's standard and ideally want to head somewhere where we can golf during the day and head to a bar in the evening for a couple (not a rowdy bunch by any means and were not looking for 'stag do' location necessarily but somewhere that has options for decent food and drink in an evening).

This is the first time we've looked at doing anything like this before and given its down to me to organise, I'd really appreciate any advice any of you could have. I appreciate that there are lots of sites offering deals but I dont want to jump in and book the wrong thing. Weekend break somewhere between £200-400 for flights, accomadation, green fees, and anything else we can get thrown in.

Really appreciate any advice/reccomendations.

Thanks (y)

D

Deleted Member 1156

I would suggest you look in the UK with your budget. If you book flights with clubs that will take up most of your budget straight away.

Hitdaball

Visit site
I would suggest you look in the UK with your budget. If you book flights with clubs that will take up most of your budget straight away.

Yes this mostly. Ryan air are £80 for clubs so even on the cheap flights it’s getting north of £150.

Only other thing to try is speak to mygolftravel who did have some tasty looking sub £400 deals at La Cala in Spain with flights included (but these things never work for my group as we have UK and Ireland contingent)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
For me, Vilamoura is the place for 8 lads, but and this is a massive But. You are gonna massively struggle for that price. Excellent golf and excellent watering holes.

Hitdaball

Visit site
For me, Vilamoura is the place for 8 lads, but and this is a massive But. You are gonna massively struggle for that price. Excellent golf and excellent watering holes.

I just finished booking for 4 of us for Villamoura in Oct -

Villa 10mins walk to marina -£220 for three nights
Car - £100
Golf (laguna/Quinta Ria / Lobo Ocean ) £235 Each

So about £320 plus 150-200 flights.

Neeko1988

Visit site
Me and 3 mates recently went to la manga resort for 3 nights 4 star in the villas 2 rounds of golf and cost us £400 all in.

Highly recommended - booked with your golf travel

Tashyboy

Visit site
I just finished booking for 4 of us for Villamoura in Oct -

Villa 10mins walk to marina -£220 for three nights
Car - £100
Golf (laguna/Quinta Ria / Lobo Ocean ) £235 Each

So about £320 plus 150-200 flights.

And that should be a stonking 3 days 👍

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Try northern France, or Belgium. We've been going for 13 years now and it costs us between £250 and £350 each for eurotunnel crossing, 2 nights B&B in hotel, and 3 rounds of golf. Have stayed in variety of places including Lille, Bruges, Mons, Waterloo, Le Touquet, Montreuil, Dieppe (plus others l don't immediately recall). Contact companies like Your Golf Travel or Golf Breaks. They can put something together for your, including tailoring their standard packages.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Won't the issue with Northern France and Belgium in Spring be the weather? Effectively, they have the same weather us...

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Last year we went to El Rompido in Southern Spain via Golfbreaks. Pretty good setup, two courses in great condition, was £470 each plus flights but 4 nights, 4 rounds and all inclusive food and drink and transfers, so no extra spends. Flight is to Faro and an hour transfer by taxi to Rompido. We would happily go back again.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Been there a few times for warm weather training and now looking to book it for some golf.
The warm weather training, is that for love island or sport. Joking aside, I was talking to a guy a week or so ago about Vilamoura and he said at night time it is rammed with Brazilian ladies of the night. 😳

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Talk to yourgolftravel.com, I'm sure that will sort out a package for you. Their arrangements are impeccable. I have just come back from 15 nights half board in Penina, with unlimited golf, flights, transfers etc and I can't fault them. With eight golfers you may even get one free.

Siolag

Visit site
The warm weather training, is that for love island or sport. Joking aside, I was talking to a guy a week or so ago about Vilamoura and he said at night time it is rammed with Brazilian ladies of the night. 😳

Athletics training, great runs out that way and a track.

Really? Never seen any of that when I was there.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Won't the issue with Northern France and Belgium in Spring be the weather? Effectively, they have the same weather us...
Not really - we've always done Friday to Sunday, immediately prior to the May Day bank holiday Monday. Been going 13 or so years and never had issue with the weather (apart from one rather dramatic (but short) storm at Arras.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are you sure about their gender?