Should I have to?

• YES

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • NO

Votes: 49 74.2%

• Total voters

Swango1980

Visit site
As with most charity social days - allow people to make their own choice if they want to submit a card.

But take all the cards away after so when it comes to annual reviews etc you evidence
Are most charity social days, played to the Rules of Golf, not used for handicaps unless each individual player decides? News to me, although I think others have pointed out the flaw in that.

Also, as a handicap secretary, I would much prefer scores like this go directly onto a players record. Rather than having to fish through lots of charity day social scores at the end of the season, from various events, and try and figure out a pattern on individual player scores, and see if they tend to shoot better or worse scores than expected.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our captain resigned last year because the secretary wanted to get involved with cards being submitted
No Captain should be going against requirements..... in fact one of his responsibilities should be to ensure all is done correctly. I think you were well rid then!

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Are most charity social days, played to the Rules of Golf, not used for handicaps unless each individual player decides? News to me, although I think others have pointed out the flaw in that.

Also, as a handicap secretary, I would much prefer scores like this go directly onto a players record. Rather than having to fish through lots of charity day social scores at the end of the season, from various events, and try and figure out a pattern on individual player scores, and see if they tend to shoot better or worse scores than expected.
Yes there's nothing worse than slack H/cap Secs not up to speed & just doing things in order to be popular or feel important...... shocking!!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've voted no... if it was an official competition then the cards would be collected and put in for you I suppose. If it's not then it's up to every individual if they want to register for a GP card beforehand. Why would it be mandatory?

wjemather

Visit site
G2.1a (1) "WHS requires that rounds in ‘organized competitions’ in an acceptable format are considered to have been pre-registered. This raises the question as to what comprises an ‘organized competition’? The term is broader than would previously have been considered by most clubs and players... Players have a responsibility to ensure that their scores from such events are returned to their home clubs."

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
G2.1a (1) "WHS requires that rounds in ‘organized competitions’ in an acceptable format are considered to have been pre-registered. This raises the question as to what comprises an ‘organized competition’? The term is broader than would previously have been considered by most clubs and players... Players have a responsibility to ensure that their scores from such events are returned to their home clubs."
^^^ Hello, Hello (y) (y)
Going to B/ball for my Away-Day was the best idea I ever had though I did then get, "Aren't we playing singles? We usually do." It did go well though!!

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
^^^ Hello, Hello (y) (y)
Going to B/ball for my Away-Day was the best idea I ever had though I did then get, "Aren't we playing singles? We usually do." It did go well though!!
What a load of Michael Ballacks! So if someone here puts a little meet on somewhere then those playing should submit cards? No chance!

Swango1980

Visit site
Yes there's nothing worse than slack H/cap Secs not up to speed & just doing things in order to be popular or feel important...... shocking!!
I was actually making the assumption that the handicap secretary was hard working and diligent, and therefore went through all these away day scores at some point in the year. Thus, they'd find it much much more useful if the scores had just gone directly into the system into the first place.

If the handicap secretary was slack, then they'd not really care regardless. The cards may well just gather dust somewhere and eventually be binned.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
It doesn't compute with me that some people feel they need to make a choice between handing in a card, and having fun.
You whack your ball, find it, whack it again - the score is what it is; the fun is had in the time spent with your mates, not the result.
I would want to submit a card because I always want to submit a card. However, I'm now beyond caring what everyone else does.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don’t get all this card’s going in every round.
I’ve never understood people putting in cards playing in a 4 ball with mates,unless it’s their only opportunity to put in cards.
There is no pressure.
There is plenty of opportunity during the season to play comps and put in cards to have a genuine handicap.

Recently a few guys from my club went to Scotland to play.
One guy has 38 points and wants to submit a card after his round (not declaring it before)ridiculous imo.
Another guy shoots 45 points but doesn’t submit his card.
Talk about managing your handicap.