Submitting cards

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
so these folks must be in your friends list, as you can't see a playing history unless you have them added as a friend. Can't even see scoring trends....

We use IG and you can see anybody's scores unless they are ex-directory and then you have to go to the EG website to do. You can see the scoring history for anybody at your own club on EG (if applicable) it has been done to facilitate the WHS requirement for 'Peer review'.

badgergm

Visit site
Loads of people submit cards they shouldnt. Played in a 4BBB open last week. One guy said afterwads that he had decided after a couple of holes that he would put his card in.

RRidges

Visit site
Is it not frowned upon to submit a card that is not during a competition? People not taking it as serious being a factor which could be cause for concern in a manipulated handicap.
That all changed when WHS came in.
As long as you declare beforehand that you will hand a card in, the round is equivalent to a competition one.
It's pretty difficult, but not impossible, to manipulate a handicap without raising suspicions.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I put a card in for every round I play, I'm not risking having a lifetime round and it not counting towards handicap. The England Golf app has made it so easy to do too.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
if he just put it in as a general play card, how would they know?
Though if it was my club they probably wouldn’t even know it wasn’t allowed.
Assuming it was not his home course and not using an app (where validation is sort of built-in) but returns a card to his club.
Pre-declaration requirements evidence. Marker's signature

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
Can anyone confirm.

I’ve heard you can submit a score from any golf club that you ‘play’ as a visitor via the MYEG app…

Without any sort of verification / witnesses and without even having to drop a card in. This is all done electronically with MYEG app.

Just something i’ve heard recently but unsure of how true it is.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
That's why, when you're putting a card in, you have to try to shoot as good a score as you can..
If you're just out for a knockabout then don't put the card in....

Exactly. However, that doesn't mean that those who mainly play knockabout should be criticised for not putting in enough cards.
Apart from competition, I mainly use a game of casual golf as a way of trying to improve my play/swing etc.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Can anyone confirm.

I’ve heard you can submit a score from any golf club that you ‘play’ as a visitor via the MYEG app…

Without any sort of verification / witnesses and without even having to drop a card in. This is all done electronically with MYEG app.

Just something i’ve heard recently but unsure of how true it is.
Some of that is correct and some is wrong.
You do have to have an attester to confirm the score, done electronically, and also be at (or very near) the club when you create the scorecard, but other than that, you can enter any score you want and have anyone who's on the EGU app attest it.

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
Some of that is correct and some is wrong.
You do have to have an attester to confirm the score, done electronically, and also be at (or very near) the club when you create the scorecard, but other than that, you can enter any score you want and have anyone who's on the EGU app attest it.

I recently had a notification from one of my friends on the MYEG app to confirm a score of his at our club. He went round on his own but he’s trying to gain his first handicap. He’s new to the game.

I have no clue what went on during his round…

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
One groups I play with all submit cards every time they on a Tuesday and have a rule that says if you did not put in a card you cannot in the last game you cannot win the pot. It is aimed at one player in particular.

Personally I play in so many comps that I do feel the need to put in general play cards but still do on occasions if we are playing from the white tees.
Have similar approach…

Its only this year that I've been able to take advantage of midweek courtesies and reciprocals...and as I seem to play well whenever I play a new track I have decided that I will put a card in every awayday. Indeed four of my last five cards were away tracks, and three of the four are in my best eight.

I have yet to decide whether or not I’ll put a card in for our Sat rollup rounds…I most probably will when playing off whites as the club runs an all day Sat stableford anyway that many play in, so I’d just always hole out - but I don’t think I will put a card in when we play off yellows (we alternate).

Quite frankly I care little about what cards others do or don’t submit. I want my HI to be a fair reflection of my ability, if others choose to accept that their HI does not reflect their ability then that is their choice, and it is on their conscience. There is nothing I can do about it and so I do not concern myself.

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
To be fair, you won the £1. But only because I didn’t know what was going on. It was the first notification I had and after I clicked accept it only dawned on me what I had done. But I trust him enough to know he is legit.

Having said that I probably wouldn’t do it again purely for the fact that I wasn’t there.

I didn’t think it was possible to use the app to input scores for an initial HI?

Or has something changed recently?

He put in 3 cards for his initial HC but to enter comps he needs 9 and I believe one of the scores I attested was towards that 9.