Submitting cards

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
What’s the general rule?

I will submit on average two cards per week that have only been played in weekend comps.

When I have a nosey at some peoples MYEG scores and they are submitting general play rounds during the week.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The encouragement is to put cards in whenever you play unless you're playing a format that can't be considered for handicap.
Doesn't mean you have to, doesn't mean you can't....
I'll often put 3 or 4 in a week...

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Yeah rule is enter as often as you play really. More cards in, more accurate handicap!

I dont enter as many as I could, often down to me and my friends playing various golf games midweek (scrambles, match play, pairs matches) rather than just strokeplay or stableford but Its probably 1 every other week or so?

Sunday roll up is now included for handicap so that was my most recent!

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
Is it not frowned upon to submit a card that is not during a competition? People not taking it as serious being a factor which could be cause for concern in a manipulated handicap.

Imurg

Visit site
Is it not frowned upon to submit a card that is not during a competition? People not taking it as serious being a factor which could be cause for concern in a manipulated handicap.
Some do. I don't because every time I go out on the course I play to the rules and try to shoot my best score.
The authorities encourage it...the more cards you have in the system the more accurate your index becomes
You've always been allowed to submit non competition cards - under the old system they were Supplementary cards.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Some do. I don't because every time I go out on the course I play to the rules and try to shoot my best score.
The authorities encourage it...the more cards you have in the system the more accurate your index becomes
You've always been allowed to submit non competition cards - under the old system they were Supplementary cards.

With the added caveat that really, you're only punishing yourself if you manipulate your handicap down to a level you cant actually play to.

And if you try it the other way youll quickly be found out when you score 45+ points!

Imurg

Visit site
With the added caveat that really, you're only punishing yourself if you manipulate your handicap down to a level you cant actually play to.

And if you try it the other way youll quickly be found out when you score 45+ points!
But at least I'll have won something so I can go off to the shop and treat myself...;)

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
If I was to submit general play rounds that were scores where I was basically just ‘enjoying’ my round and having a knock then I’m sure people at my club would raise a few eyebrows.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
If I was to submit general play rounds that were scores where I was basically just ‘enjoying’ my round and having a knock then I’m sure people at my club would raise a few eyebrows.

So long as you followed the rules and someone could attest to the score - what could anyone have a problem with?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Because you are not playing seriously. You are just enjoying a day out away from home. You’re basically on holiday

Yes its general play...

And under WHS general play scores are encouraged so that your handicap record is as accurate as possible.

If you donnt follow the rules obviously it cant be submitted, but why you wouldnt I dont know!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
There’s a huge difference in general play rounds compared to competition rounds.

It’s not even close

Depends on the person/ situation

I see it as a real plus of WHS. Its all in your hands.

As I said previously, me and my mates play various forms of golf - not always the games that can be played for handicapping purposes. Midweek its matchplay, scrambles, skins.

We also enjoy playing a formal stroke play on a sunday morning if none of us entered the comp that weekend and all stick our cards in.

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
Although I agree with what you are saying I am absolutely certain there are people out there that will abuse their general play cards in submitting scores that really do not reflect their capabilities.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Although I agree with what you are saying I am absolutely certain there are people out there that will abuse their general play cards in submitting scores that really do not reflect their capabilities.

I totally agree that there will be! 100%!

Alas, you will always get the cheaters and handicap manipulators no matter what the handicapping system.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So, in the betting thread you say that everyone you play with/know is scrupulously clean and would never cheat for money, but in this thread, your view is totally opposite?
At least get one point of view and stick to it!

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
So, in the betting thread you say that everyone you play with/know is scrupulously clean and would never cheat for money, but in this thread, your view is totally opposite?
At least get one point of view and stick to it!

Yes, everyone I play money with I know well and trust.

The opposite is for people I wouldn’t play money with.

Hope that makes sense Sherlock.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Because you are not playing seriously. You are just enjoying a day out away from home. You’re basically on holiday
Don't put those cards in then. That's the exact reason I haven't submitted many general play rounds - we tend to just enjoy the day, there will be gimmes, drops from lost balls, hero shots taken on... I don't personally think my handicap should be based on that. If you're submitting a card then you need to play by the proper rules, hole everything out etc. Not everyone is in the mood for that on their casual rounds.