Submitting cards

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve seen some dubious looking midweek general play scores submitted on someone’s profile in the past.

The contrast to their competition cards just does not add up
Do you suggest they are cheating? If so have you reported it to your handicap committee?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I’ve seen some dubious looking midweek general play scores submitted on someone’s profile in the past.

The contrast to their competition cards just does not add up

Are the scores high or low?

If high - theyre unlikely to ever effect the handicap calculation and not often be in the top 8/20

If low - theyre only cutting shots off their handicap for comps and unlikely to be compeitive.

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
Are the scores high or low?

If high - theyre unlikely to ever effect the handicap calculation and not often be in the top 8/20

If low - theyre only cutting shots off their handicap for comps and unlikely to be compeitive.

High.

It’s almost so when one green gets dropped it’s replaced with very dubious high scoring general plays

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
It depends how people play their casual rounds I guess. I have put in some general play rounds recently, for the first time since we went to WHS. If you know you're putting the card in (which you will do because you register it beforehand) then you should be trying to play your best golf anyway, in which case it's still a bit similar to a comp round I think. It's a little less pressure but still some. It depends what your game is. I personally don't go for hero shots very often in any round since I'm no good at them so it's very rarely the option that gives me the best chance of scoring. :LOL:
Every shot is a hero shot for me these days! ?

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
Ill note that this is likely to be a penalty score.

If you’re suggesting this was a penalty score for say example he had signed in but didn’t submit a score and a card then why was it when I got a penalty score for something similar they gave me my best round at the time.

How do these things work?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
If you’re suggesting this was a penalty score for say example he had signed in but didn’t submit a score and a card then why was it when I got a penalty score for something similar they gave me my best round at the time.

How do these things work?

Not sure, thats a question for your handicap committee.

Ive seen it done this way but not the way you describe!

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Me and my playing partner before we play a non-comp round:

Situation 1 - Shall we put a card in today? Got time to hole out every green, play provisionals etc? Yeh, let’s do it.

Situation 2 - I can’t be arsed scoring properly today mate. Matchplay? ??

I don’t see the difficulty or argument.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One groups I play with all submit cards every time they on a Tuesday and have a rule that says if you did not put in a card you cannot in the last game you cannot win the pot. It is aimed at one player in particular.

Personally I play in so many comps that I do feel the need to put in general play cards but still do on occasions if we are playing from the white tees.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Incorrect.

I can stalk every single member at my club without having to add them as a friend…

well, that is new. Seems a bit weird....pretty sure it always used to be locked away unless you were down as a friend. Still, stalking isn't good for your health...and if you have concerns, raise them to your handicap committee.

Then either submit scores, or don't. In the grand scheme of things, no-one gives a monkeys

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
well, that is new. Seems a bit weird....pretty sure it always used to be locked away unless you were down as a friend. Still, stalking isn't good for your health...and if you have concerns, raise them to your handicap committee.

Then either submit scores, or don't. In the grand scheme of things, no-one gives a monkeys

There’s a lot of sick people on this forum in that case

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site

You have to search for them, but if you are members at the same club you can see all of the details.