Style vs. Substance

The_Yips

Visit site
What's the best strategy? Should you turn up to a competition or match wearing the latest designer clothing range, with the most technologically advanced equipment, hoping to take a psychological advantage by striking fear into your opponents before you get on the tee?

Or

Should you turn up wearing clothes you have played golf in for years, with a set of old woods and irons, and then scream one off the first tee, much to the disgust of the competitors who have seriously underestimated you?

Jamie

Visit site
I think the latter would be much more satisfying - especially if you were to turn up in the scruffiest clothes allowed by your golf club i.e. ripped jeans, rock t-shirt (or something similar) and a bandana!!

The customary mp3 player blasting out ACDC as you walk up to the tee would be quite funny as well of course but then you would have to knock it off before play starts!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just watch the film Happy Gilmore to know my views!
Jeans with holes in and rock t-shirts all the way!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I think if you were going down the loud clothes route, it would be better to have shiny new, but cheap clubs. Donnay are always good, gives the impression you care more about the look than the playing.
Having an expensive driver in the bag is good, and then teeing off with a five iron. Ideally placed on a yellow castle tee.