Storm Babet

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Despite an Amber warning this morning, and a Red warning this afternoon, it didn't put some folk off playing at Blairgowrie today!

F9v8BI9.jpg

Attachments

• 392891057_817639440363309_237505137820727695_n.jpg
    392891057_817639440363309_237505137820727695_n.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 15

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I kicked it in the head as forecast said it was brutal. I dropped off 25 poppy pots at shops, schools and pubs instead. Bloody weather was gorgeous 🤬

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Weather was horrible in East Lothian this morning, hammering rain and very strong winds, cancelled golf. But, come lunchtime, it was pretty calm and rain was off. Me and wee Teddy went for a decent walk.
Really hoping I can get a game on Saturday.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Rain forecast here every day until next weekend. Course closed, can't see it being open for a while :cautious:
Dropped the sproggs off at school this morning in Edwinstowe. The roads are the worst I can remember. Oddly enough Granddaughter made a truss bridge at school with her pals and showed it me yesterday. They had made a graph with the worlds longest rivers on it. I mentioned the river Maun that runs near the bottom of their school playing field. Granddaughter asked me where it was coming home yesterday. She said “ that’s a stream”. Made me smile. It’s not today, it’s flooding onto the fields 😳 the difference in 15 hours is unbelievable.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Grim in the north midlands as well. Parts of Chesterfield experiencing flooding the likes of which my wife cannot ever recall, even having been brought up there.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Here in the West of Scotland it's pretty windy but not very wet.
Managed a quick round, only saw two other golfers on the course who turned in after 7 holes.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My weather app was predicting torrential, buckets of rain for today, but seemingly hasn't come to fruition at all. Just standard drizzle I think. I was worried about the course not being open - I've got a foursomes match Saturday and greenkeeper's revenge scramble on Sunday - but we should be fine now I guess.

ThinBullet

Visit site
I'm in between Glasgow and Edinburgh. It's no different to what we usually get this time of year, but was worse in Edinburgh earlier when I picked up golf bats. Eased off driving back.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Where I am in Fife it’s not terrible but the A92 is closed which rarely happens and there is a lot of water and debris flying around. Not as much standing water as there was a couple of weeks ago, which is odd, it’s horrendous but patchy and only very bad in localised areas.

Dundee and Angus have definitely taken a pounding, many friends and colleagues weren’t able to make it to the office past blocked roads due to either fallen trees or floods today. It’s not the windiest or wettest I’ve ever seen but it has caused a large amount of disruption.

We’ve had a period of calm last few hours but starting to see and hear it’s picking up again now. Tonight and tomorrow’s forecast looks really grim for me here, I don’t think we’ve seen the worst of it yet. Not nice out there at all.