Storm Babet

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Course closed. Rarely happens as front nine is hilly and drains so we can usually play nine not yesterday or today which is Captains / Officers change over day. God it's been a bad season.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Drove up to Scotlnd yesterday morning, and the worst of the weather was easily the M40 and early parts of the M6.
We left Kent at 04.45 and it was wet but not terrible. At Heathrow through to 10 miles of the M6, it was horrible. Surface water is one thing, and passing lorries meant a blind 5 seconds as the wash came off their wheels and enveloped the car! But actual standing water, flooded pools on the right edge of the outside lane was properly scary. Even at 50mph it was awful, but couldn't go much slower as lorries would then overtake!
Scotland wasn't too bad, although some flooded farmers' fields is sad to see, and some roads closed around Wormit, Newport and Cupar. Rain off at the moment although it's very windy.
In true Scottish council mismanagement, they've closed some roads at roundabouts, even to residents and even though not flooded until much further down the roads, so you have to drive the wrong way round roundabouts to get back home!

Last edited:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
My local FB page flooded* with people asking if the road to Tesco is open. Do these people not have access to weather forecasts that predicted torrential rain and a red weather warning for risk of death FOR ONE DAY. And the guy who filmed the flooded roads while driving through them, complaining that people are ignoring the ''ROAD CLOSED'' signs. Morons

*Apologies

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My local FB page flooded* with people asking if the road to Tesco is open. Do these people not have access to weather forecasts that predicted torrential rain and a red weather warning for risk of death FOR ONE DAY. And the guy who filmed the flooded roads while driving through them, complaining that people are ignoring the ''ROAD CLOSED'' signs. Morons

*Apologies
I think in circumstances like this it proves how many people don’t watch the news or weather forecasts.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Here we are..another storm coming through....
Winds were howling last night and we had masses of rain..
Aylesbury seems to be right in the eye of the storm right now..
Quiet as a mouse, no wind, no rain.....rain radar shows everything revolving around us..
Most eerie.
Until about 2pm when the fertiliser will hit the rotary air moving device again.. :ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Now they're calling it storm 'Ciaran'. Who's in charge of these names? I can't think of a less threatening name than Ciaran.

(Answered my own question if anyone else was wondering: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67135325 Storm Olga sounds more like someone you don't want to mess with. Storm Stuart though? Not so much.)