Storm Babet

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Nowhere near as bad as many places, but bins were out Wednesday morning and they left the food waste bin upright, lid open after emptying. Fetched it this morning and looked to be around 4 inches of rain water in there. Took the car out and there was a road that was very close to impassable with flooding, some didn't fancy it. But just now it felt like 18 degrees out there!

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's been constant heavy rain and strong winds all day here today and forecast to continue until 2:00 am. The decision to close the course for today was made yesterday, tomorrows comp has been cancelled and I can't imagine the course will even open.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
The course was closed today, and it has just been updated to next inspection Monday morning, saturated conditions and fallen trees. I'll have a wander across tomorrow with the dog and see how bad it is.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Winter League tomorrow and we’ll be open. We’re on a sand and gravel base and despite that there will be areas of standing water and I suspect bunkers will be out of play, but the course will be more than playable.

Whether anyone actually wants to play is another matter entirely.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Went to our place for a coffee this morning. 45 mph winds & horizontal rain. Our manager told us that there were 12 green fees out on the course. Apparently it was a party from the London area. They'd gone to Longhirst in Northumberland, found it closed & turned up at our place (motto "Open when others are closed"). They'd certainly not be held up, they were the only ones out on the course. We had the tinfoil blankets & hot chocolate standing by.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Played today in a 4 ball scramble. Didn't want to, but it was for charity. Felt sorry for the organiser as a lot of teams cried off, but think he had got the money off them up front luckily.
We had 10 gross birdies and no dropped shots for a 59 and still only finished 3rd!

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Here in the West of Scotland it's pretty windy but not very wet.
Managed a quick round, only saw two other golfers on the course who turned in after 7 holes.
Indeed, amazed that it was dry in the Glasgow area today but chucking it down in East Lothian. Usually the other way round.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Some lovely images of the retail park underwater in Chesterfield.😖
Terrible mess for the town - really bad.

Driving up to Nantwich the roads we took after we left the M6 (as it was grim driving) from Stafford were terrible with bad flooding all over the place. More than once I thought we‘d get stuck in the middle of nowhere…didn’t know how to rev the engine of my automatic to try and stop it conking..😳

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Torrential rain for over two days now and no sign of it letting off until lunchtime on Sunday. Practically all roads around us are blocked and the water flooding off the fields is unbelievable. Farmers still have potatoes in the fields and these will just rot if not picked soon. Winter barley will be ruined too. Fortunately it looks like there hasn't been any property flooded in the vicinity, but up the road in Brechin and the surrounding area is terrible. Two Red Warnings in one week is unheard of. I can live without golf for a week, but my heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones and those whose properties are ruined.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
At work in Fraserburgh, weather has just been horrendous the last 3 days, really heavy rain this morning.
Out in the field we have seen 18m seas and 39m/s winds (87mph in real money).

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Still awful here this morning. A92 still closed completely by us in Fife, unheard of this long.

Friends and colleagues in Kirriemuir, Brechin and Forfar all having a horrific time. Some colleagues evacuated in Dundee. It’s just awful.

We feel very lucky to be situated on a hill without any drainage or run off problems today.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Feeling for all the folks up there, visit every July for the Mixed Scottish Pairs, great farming country ,wonderful scenery, especially when you catch the late sun in July traveling west