Sprinklers on whilst playing?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So played today. Very enjoyable round. Humid day.. anyways on the 2nd hole par 5 I went in green side bunker

Sprinkler was spraying around it and into the bunker (when it turned)

I walked over.. kept sort of trying to get grounds man attention.. ignored so just waited until it just went past.. played the shot out (surprised I got it out)

Next hole sprinklers on

This continued until the 5th hole when we all got on the green and walked up .. the same 2 lads were working and another groundsman came over and turned them off

Happy days

Had a few more on other the day but none in the way

Never had that before! Is that just cuz they need to water when it’s cooler or just groundsman bad form?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's good form for them to be out there saving the course!

Appreciate that but when we went over to my ball, made it clear I was going in bunker thought they might turn it off whilst shot was played then straight back on

Glad they didn’t in a way cuz I managed to up and down it.. and if they had watched I would have thinned it

D

Deleted member 21258

Greenkeepers normally have priority on the course.

The other night they were watering the 9th green, so we skipped over the 10th tee, as would rather see the greens watered.

Must of be one hell of a year to be a greenkeeper for a lot of courses.......

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
It's good form for them to be out there saving the course!

Ye what he said. I'm fairly sure the long term good of the course outweighed someone playing the odd shot from a bunker now and then in a friendly knock for buttons but may be I'm wrong, jeez, some people eh !

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
happened while we were playing this morning, walked up to the tee on the par 3 9th, and the sprinklers were in full flow. they turned them off when they saw us. Hit my tee shot which landed in the middle of the green and somehow managed to take a sideways bounce into a deep bunker. When I got to the ball, it was lying in what was more like wet cement than sand!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ye what he said. I'm fairly sure the long term good of the course outweighed someone playing the odd shot from a bunker now and then in a friendly knock for buttons but may be I'm wrong, jeez, some people eh !
Society comp with another society afters so not a knock

D

Deleted member 15344

Society comp with another society afters so not a knock

Greenkeepers still have priority on the course - best course of action is to just wait until they are finished - The greenkeepers need to get the work done to ensure the course is at its best - right now they will be watering the greens twice a day at some places and the only way to do that is when people are playing during the week. Always give them the priority they require to ensure the works are done

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Greenkeepers still have priority on the course - best course of action is to just wait until they are finished - The greenkeepers need to get the work done to ensure the course is at its best - right now they will be watering the greens twice a day at some places and the only way to do that is when people are playing during the week. Always give them the priority they require to ensure the works are done
Fair enough that’s why I asked orginally

Managed to play the shot out without getting soaked and scrapped a bogey so wasn’t an issue

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Honestly.

Bloke makes a post about somthing that occurred on the course.

The OP was more a question than a rant. Some folks answer the question in a decent fashion.

Yet the usual bells on here pop up and start swinging via a keyboard

It’s getting properly throbbing on here these days.

Trying to make the OP look like some hysterical busy body, rather than just some guy asking a question

Tiresome

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Honestly.

Bloke makes a post about somthing that occurred on the course.

The OP was more a question than a rant. Some folks answer the question in a decent fashion.

Trying to make the OP look like some hysterical busy body, rather than just some guy asking a question

Tiresome

Same person trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill aswell.. every time

Yawn

Glad it’s cleared up I had never come accross it before now I know

Was funny being more worried about the sprinkler coming back than where the ball went

Ended up improving my shot because I wasn’t thinking about it lol

Course was in excellent condition

Whatever they are doing must be working

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I play some pretty early morning rounds and dodge the greenkeepers working or give them a hand moving tee markers as I go round. They got me good the other day when they used their text control to set off one of the green sprinkler systems when I was on there. All good humoured. I got them back by stealing their buggy and driving it 400 yards down the next hole and leaving it there ;-)

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
On our course the normally turn the sprinklers on in the evening. They put up warning signs that sprinklers might go on after 8.30 pm. And no kidding, they do :D Never been so wet so fast.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site

Tiresome

It’s been that way since I joined... it’s nothing new.