South East KOK final details thread.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well done Homer, excellent play Rick - unlucky to lose on countback. Thanks to Adam (dufferman) whose putting style became infamous in the clubhouse afterwards, ChrisD who drove really well and had no luck on the greens and Nick (therod) who needs his old man shafts to fully join team Boomross! The course was tight with a strong wind and the greens were superb given the weather we have had so far this year. Really pleased with a gross 82 and 3rd overall especially after hooking my tee shot on 1 OOB and walking off with a 7...my putter saved me!!

A great fun day at a lovely course, thanks Ash for organising!

Thierry

Medal Winner
Visit site
You and Henry were great company Sean, and it was nice that we were put off first, so we had the course to ourselves. At least no one drove through us.:whistle: I think you should mention how far you hit your drive down 9th. It will have increased the average forum distance. Henry's at the first wasn't bad either, but unfortunately off the fairway doesn't count.

OFF the fairway??? Don't you mean THROUGH the fairway!!! ;) :D
Proper forum distance today!?!? :swing:

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Well done Homer, excellent play Rick - unlucky to lose on countback. Thanks to Adam (dufferman) whose putting style became infamous in the clubhouse afterwards, ChrisD who drove really well and had no luck on the greens and Nick (therod) who needs his old man shafts to fully join team Boomross! The course was tight with a strong wind and the greens were superb given the weather we have had so far this year. Really pleased with a gross 82 and 3rd overall especially after hooking my tee shot on 1 OOB and walking off with a 7...my putter saved me!!

A great fun day at a lovely course, thanks Ash for organising!

The Benross team!

You played really well and were unlucky not to win today. The lost ball on 17 cost dear!

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Lovely course and good company. Thanks to Ash for organising the day, which even went as far as making the M25 pretty clear for both the trip there and back.
Wookie, Sainthacker,TXL and myself were in the last group and therefore had the best view of Homers round and all that it contained (club chucking, hitting greens while others were putting out and my personal highlight was the destruction of the tee box outside the clubhouse window) but fair play the golf looked pretty decent and the winning score certainly backs that up so well played that man.:clap::clap:
Fully endorse the comments about GM forum meets, always worth the effort and good fun on some very good courses. Camberley Heath was very good today, but would imagine it being truly magnificent in the summer with slippery greens and some excellent testing tees further back from where we were able to play from today. TXL was saying that they only recently cut down all the heather/vegetation between the holes in amongst the trees so I can only imagine how tough it was when that was in play!

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Well done on an excellent day!

Congrats Homer on finally being on the right side of a countback!!! No more complaining about them! It was that extra shot you picked up recently! Excellent sacrifice Rick!

No penalty for either party. and while the writing was the first word I expected, 'Doh!' might have been better. I've been 'bombed' while preparing to putt out there too, though it was on the next hole - and from the Tee, so my action was to applaud!

V

vkurup

Rick..if only u had bribed me, i could have let you win...

When we got on the 17th green, homer did not claim his newly decorated ball. Rather he was planning to play mine. I had to restraint him from doing so. If you had lined my palm with silver, I would have let him putt the wrong ball and given him a 2 shot penalty...

.. well lessons learnt..

PS: is it just me, but did anyone also make the connection that Homer finished the evening with a Knob and a KoK...

wookie

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks again to Ash for organising what was another great day out.

As has been said very very tough conditions with sometimes taking 3 more / less clubs than normally needed but still had great fun thanks to TXL, Swingalot and Saint Hacker. Always good to play anywhere with a member and this was the case with Anthony. Only one slight concern within the group was when I told Paul (Sainthacker) that I had held a Pompey season ticket for a short time and I thought he really wasn't going to be able to talk to me for the rest of the round:D

Well done Homer for the win albeit with the club throwing and course wrecking bits in full view of us as the group behind!

Highlight for me golf wise on a day of mainly mediocre stuff was a chip in from 15 yards (?) for par on the 12th having topped into the heather and hacked out.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
nice one Homer, unlucky Mr G, you need to get a few 0.1's back for next time ;)

as always forum meets whatever they may be are a cracking day out :thup:

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
nice one Homer, unlucky Mr G, you need to get a few 0.1's back for next time ;)

as always forum meets whatever they may be are a cracking day out :thup:

Thanks GIBBO.....I can't complain.......very happy with a 3 over gross round which could have been much better if I could have read the pace of the greens better......they were true, but a bit slow for my liking and I left 95% of my putts short.
That aside, it was nice to hit a bit of form and if could have reproduced my 2 under gross front 9 on the back 9, then I would be hillside bound.
Off to update my blog now.... :thup:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I am a Royals man

I thought they were a couple of brothers from Bolton that pranced around a ring :eek:

And El B, I wouldn't worry too much about the pond; at least the water hazard you found was on the course, unlike the swimming pool that someone else found…………… :whistle:

More info on this is definitely required

Glass positively overflowing. Gross 80 net 68 in tough conditions. Back in 39 (+4) so very, very happy. No I15's were hurt in the making of this score. I may have accidently let the G25 five wood slip from my grasp after topping it on one hole but there was no helicoptering. Well not too much. I did manage to fall over on the 15th tee and damage the tee box. Having hit a three wood left I went to my bag for a provisional. Trying to save time I tried to climb up the end of the tee box. A wooden pole gave way under my weight and I went down like an Italian striker in the box. Paperboy ably fixed it before I smacked the provisional into the middle of the fairway.

Playing 17 I hit the fairway. 197 yards left into the teeth of the wind I picked a five wood. The green was empty and I fired a lovely fade. As the ball was in the air the four ball in front entered stage right. My tee shot scattered them before finishing three feet from the cup. When I arranged some hooligan had defaced it. The extra weight of the ink added unwanted bias and I missed the birdie putt.

Well chuffed that I finally managed to string a round together. The company in my four ball was superb all the way round and each of my partners had their moments. The greens were in great nick for the time of year and the course I thought was fantastic. Big thumbs up to Mashley for all his help organising it and TXL for the co-ordination at the club.

Aimpoint really helped and the I25's were a joy. So :ears: to everyone who gave me a hard time for changing and :ears: to those that knocked Aimpoint. Homer can play golf. The short game was fantastic...only because I didn't need it all round. Hitting FIR and GIR may be the future/

Well done Martin, see you at hillside :thup:

El Bandito

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks GIBBO.....I can't complain.......very happy with a 3 over gross round which could have been much better if I could have read the pace of the greens better......they were true, but a bit slow for my liking and I left 100% of my putts short.
That aside, it was nice to hit a bit of form and if could have reproduced my 2 under gross front 9 on the back 9, then I would be hillside bound.

Fixed that for you...

Oh - and I have your lipstick - you can have it back next time...

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Thanks GIBBO.....I can't complain.......very happy with a 3 over gross round which could have been much better if I could have read the pace of the greens better......they were true, but a bit slow for my liking and I left 95% of my putts short.

It was a pleasure to watch,great golf.

And El B, I wouldn't worry too much about the pond; at least the water hazard you found was on the course, unlike the swimming pool that someone else found…………… :whistle:

More info on this is definitely required

No, it's SO not. Nothing to see here, move along thank you folks, nothing to see…..