South East KOK final details thread.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi All,

We're just over a week away from the South East King of King regional match at Camberley. Here are as much details as I have at the moment.

The list of players attending are:

anotherdouble
Blue in munich
Paperboy
TXL (not in KOK)
EL bandito
sawtooth
snaphook wedge
MYSELF
richart (not in KOK)
swingalot
Duferman
Midnight
therod (not in KOK)
Wookie
rickg
ChrisD
Homer
Thierry

18 in total, 15 entered in the KOK, 3 just coming along for fun.

Coolhand, I'll see if I can get you £10 Camberley deposit back and will PM you.

vkurup - your not on the list can you confirm what date you paid me the £10 please? On PM in you don't mind. In you post to coolhand are you asking to take over his KOK entry? As in he's paid £10 to enter but if you can take his place you'll owe him a tenner? If thats what you mean then go ahead and arrange that with him over PM's.

I will be ringing the club up tomorrow to talk to them about the day, timings, course conditions, Adizero shoe ban and a few other things so will post up once I know more.

Thank you,
Ash.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks Ash

Looking forward to it.

Just to confirm though I am not playing in the KoK as I am not around for the Hillside final - just want to enjoy Camberley Heath!

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Updated list of attendees:

Blue in munich
Paperboy
TXL (not in KOK)
EL bandito
sawtooth
snaphook wedge (not in KOK)
MYSELF
richart (not in KOK)
swingalot
Duferman
Midnight
therod (not in KOK)
Wookie
rickg
ChrisD
Homer
Thierry

Running order for the day is:

Winter warmer package £40 with upgrade to 1 course hot meal for extra £5.

10:00 - Arrival, meet me in the bar to pay me your balance, in cash and PLEASE have the right amount as I don't want to have to mess about with getting change. I then need to sort the money with the club. You've paid a £10 deposit so you'll need to bring £35.

10:00 - Tea/Coffee in Presidents Bar.

11:08 - Tee off 1st tee in 4 balls.

17:00 - 1 Course Meal in Captains Bar. Steak & Ale Pie for everyone. Please let me know if you need vegetarian option.

The draw for the 4 balls will be done this week, maybe tonight.

Now with the recent bad weather the course has had some temp greens and one green closed altogether due to a tunnel or something being blocked, all bunkers have been out of play due to being filled with water. The club have said that most of the problems will have been resolved by next week now.

They have confirmed that AddiZero golf shoes are BANNED! So please bring some alternative shoes with you if you wear these.

Ash.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The draw is............

11:08: EL bandito MYSELF Blue in munich rickg

ChrisD Duferman the rod snaphook wedge

Homer Midnight Paperboy

swingalot TXL Wookie

Thierry sawtooth richart

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Could do, but we've all got to wait until 5 for dinner so no rush to finish. Plus they'll be 4 balls out in front of the 3 balls at 11am anyway so they wont be going anywhere very fast. The club have said we can all go as three balls if we want but will have to bear in mind they are a four ball course so we'll have 4 balls either side of us.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking forward to this, great job Ash!

A question I have (sorry if this has been asked elsewhere) is are we allowed Mobiles as DMDs? I know at West Hill last year at H4H we were, so it would be good to get clarification before the day.

Thanks!

V

vkurup

Ash.. did not see this thread ealier.. had transferred ,.. thought I had transferred.. will check with Bank..

Tried PM-ing coolhand, his inbox looks full. Will try later

Last edited:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Ashley's done that so that you can keep up with the pace Richard, a clever move I'd say! :lol:
At least I will not have to wait long before the group in front are out of range.;) I feel like the naughty boy teeing off last. More time on the range I suppose.:rofl:

V

vkurup

At least I will not have to wait long before the group in front are out of range.;) I feel like the naughty boy teeing off last. More time on the range I suppose.:rofl:

Or comb that flowing mane...

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking forward to this, great job Ash!

A question I have (sorry if this has been asked elsewhere) is are we allowed Mobiles as DMDs? I know at West Hill last year at H4H we were, so it would be good to get clarification before the day.

Thanks!

Can of worms. My understanding is that mobiles are not allowed as DMD's during competition play but i'll happily be corrected.

D

Deleted member 17920

Can of worms. My understanding is that mobiles are not allowed as DMD's during competition play but i'll happily be corrected.
There is no issue and we have allowed them during the qualifiers at Woodhall

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't really want to mess up this thread with the long winded repeated conversation. In my eyes if you were playing in a monthly medal or gold letter comp at a golf club mobile phones as dmd's would not be allowed. So I think that they wouldn't be allowed in the KOK. This is as per the rules of golf.

Personally, I couldn't care less if someone uses a distance app on a phone, but seeing as we're playing a golfcompetition, golf rules should apply. If we choose to ignore this rule what others would people want to ignore?

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ok, no problems, I was only going on the last GolfMonthly meet I went to at West Hill where we were told that Mobile Phones were acceptable.

Don't want any arguments. Just didn't want to turn up without thinking about it and get DQ'ed.