The Addington Golf Club Monday 22nd July (Day before Sunningdale)

• Thread starter Deleted member 17920
  • Start date

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oooh.... from crap single in Croydon have just been upgraded to double with air-con.... shud be fully refreshed for the morn. where hope to arrive middayish to see off Leftie.... our leader :)

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Thanks to gopher99/Jon, Shaun and Steve for the game today. Warm & enjoyable. Some quirky holes, and although we holed a few putts, the tricky greens took more than they gave!
Cheers to the organisers.
The lucky so-and-so's moving on to Sunningdale, have a great couple of days 🏌️‍♂️🏌️‍♀️🍻

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Good day - nice and warm , course was quirky in place , lovely greens and a tough scoring day but a nice course to start the week

gopher99

Visit site
Thanks to gopher99/Jon, Shaun and Steve for the game today. Warm & enjoyable. Some quirky holes, and although we holed a few putts, the tricky greens took more than they gave!
Cheers to the organisers.
The lucky so-and-so's moving on to Sunningdale, have a great couple of days 🏌️‍♂️🏌️‍♀️🍻

Nice to meet you Iain, Shaun and Steve. Good luck to you guys at Sunningdale, and was good to put faces to forum names.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
The only way to play the first is to duff your tee shot to cheers from the gallery, chip on for 2, 2 putt and walk off with nett 2 points thanks very much (y)
For us lefties you can also hook your tee shot into the trees on the right - then walk up and two putt when you find the ball on the green 🤔🤔😎

Glad to hear people had a good time - I'm there Thursday, which just may be a tad warm for our 1400 tee time 😯

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For us lefties you can also hook your tee shot into the trees on the right - then walk up and two putt when you find the ball on the green 🤔🤔😎

Glad to hear people had a good time - I'm there Thursday, which just may be a tad warm for our 1400 tee time 😯
If its your first time then be prepared for the 12th.... a par 5. Can hit & hope or play 3 x 7-irons ..... god knows how the locala play the hole

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
If its your first time then be prepared for the 12th.... a par 5. Can hit & hope or play 3 x 7-irons ..... god knows how the locala play the hole

As I told anyone who asked - lay up to top before the drop, play 2nd down to the bottom, wedge/9/8 iron on to the green, 1 putt for birdie.

OR, As Paperboy wanted the macho route, blast it exactly on the right line to the bottom tier leaving about 168 to the pin and take another ....(hmmm how many Simon?) :unsure:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Long way from my first time (hence knowing the layout of the first) 😀
Locals play that hole in many different ways, the most common being trying to knock it all the way to the bottom from the tee...and accidentally laying up with a miss hit 🤔 In yesterday's match we played up, one opponent hit long right enough to be in some grass and the other tonked it all the way, followed by an approach to 10ft 🤗 we both made 5, they won that hole...I returned the favour with 3w/5i to 16 to win the match!
I love the course, except the 12th

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
As I told anyone who asked - lay up to top before the drop, play 2nd down to the bottom, wedge/9/8 iron on to the green, 1 putt for birdie.

OR, As Paperboy wanted the macho route, blast it exactly on the right line to the bottom tier leaving about 168 to the pin and take another ....(hmmm how many Simon?) :unsure:

I ended up with a very good bogey thanks Roger :p