Sound Bar For LG TV

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Optical is old tech in many ways, HDMI carries a lot more recent tech.

For TV, basic old stuff then optical is fine, as far as I understand.

I'm just watching old 90s sci-fi so I am going optical.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just doing Dolby 2.1 here so going optical.

Can't see any reason to faff over hdmi when I don't have any free ports and I don't have any specific audio needs otherwise.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Decision made, I popped up to Currys at 9.30 this morning. I had a great chat with a fella there who was most helpful. He tried to get me top go with a Samsung + sub. I didn't hear the quality of the Bose so went with that one. They were out of stock. None anywhere. Went home found on Amazon, same price. Bought. Will be delivered Wednesday. :D

G

guest100718

I went for a 5.1 set up. It makes the whole house shake but its pretty amazing... all via a Pioneer AV receiver.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd never argue against Bose. I love their stuff. Audiophiles might say otherwise but for those with normal hearing they just make quality gear. If I had the cash I'd Bose out my house 😁.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've gone with Bose due to the sound that I listened to. Also the product description
"Dialogue mode to hear each word and detail clearly" is what I've been struggling with...so a no brainer really.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've mulled over this all week.

I'm going to have to pay over the odds for the panny SC-HTE80.

It's small, slimline, has 2.1 audio, looks nice etc etc etc.

Found it at £130, 40 more than the currys discount price though.

It's not worth waiting forever for, it if ever comes back at £80 again even!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
SB - If it is the sound base / stage you want it is currently £119 at John Lewis. I've had it for a month now and am really pleased with it. If it is a sound bar version that you want then ignore this post completely.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Saw the Panny SC-HTE80 soundbase in Currys Guildford today. Nice bit of kit, not too large and excellent price, £80. Not in stock though :D.

I looked at some of the other bars and they are soooo long. This bar is for my M&D, so can't be too long. In the end, I went over their £100 budget a bit and bought (via Amazon!) the Bose Solo 5 as it looked nice and wasn't the length of an anaconda!