Connecting TV to Hi-Fi System via Bluetooth

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Presently I have a Yamaha Sound bar on the wall under my TV 3 metres in front of where i sit.
Sadly my hearing is getting worse, so the volume I need is too loud for the wife upstairs or in the lounge.
I have tried various hearing aids but couldn't get use to them, so .

Question 1- would it be feasible to move the sound bar to the wall right behind where usually I sit, using an Optical or HDMI cable.

" " 2 - " " " run a cable from the TV headphone outlet to a 3.5 jack socket to where I sit, so I can plug in my headphones.

" " 3 - " " " install an amp, WiFi system and fit ceiling speakers.

The full ceiling will completely removed anyway, because of water damage, so an ideal time to run cables :D.

I'm favouring the headphone socket direct from the TV .

So whats your thoughts guys ?

Thanks in advance .

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm favouring the headphone socket direct from the TV .

So whats your thoughts guys ?

Thanks in advance .

Solution for my VERY deaf dad was to use RF headphones (a base station plugs into the tv, then transmits to the headphones on my dad’s head... the base station also charges the headset). Something like this

This works well as on Sony TVs (and Panasonic I think) the normal sound output still happens even with headphones in so my dad has independent volume control for him in the headphones, and my mum can listen to the speakers as ‘normal’.

This set up also means they can both have the radio on ‘in the background‘ if they play it through the TV - previously my dad was completely oblivious to the radio being on and whatever my mum was reacting to.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Solution for my VERY deaf dad was to use RF headphones (a base station plugs into the tv, then transmits to the headphones on my dad’s head... the base station also charges the headset). Something like this

This works well as on Sony TVs (and Panasonic I think) the normal sound output still happens even with headphones in so my dad has independent volume control for him in the headphones, and my mum can listen to the speakers as ‘normal’.

This set up also means they can both have the radio on ‘in the background‘ if they play it through the TV - previously my dad was completely oblivious to the radio being on and whatever my mum was reacting to.
Just what I was thinking, only I would prefer hard wired using my phone's headset, rather than RF where the sound can sometimes get slightly out of sync.
cheers Cake (y)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just what I was thinking, only I would prefer hard wired using my phone's headset, rather than RF where the sound can sometimes get slightly out of sync.
cheers Cake (y)

Bluetooth headphones and a bluetooth transmitter on the headphone socket on the TV for when you are on your own. Plus possibly a splitter on the headphone socket with one cable going to the soundbar for you missus. Bluetooth transmitters often use USB sockets for power so if your TV has one...

Having the sound bar behind you will sound very odd in relation to the picture.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bluetooth headphones and a bluetooth transmitter on the headphone socket on the TV for when you are on your own. Plus possibly a splitter on the headphone socket with one cable going to the soundbar for you missus. Bluetooth transmitters often use USB sockets for power so if your TV has one...

Having the sound bar behind you will sound very odd in relation to the picture.
Yes I thought it might sound odd behind, plan B the sound bar is moving through to the sitting room.
I tried wireless head phones years ago but there was lip sync problems, maybe they're better now , but I've opt for the direct cable.
So I'm running the audio cable tonight, I've already tried it with the cable roughly connected and it works great, give us 2 separate volume controls .