Sore foot after a round

Slicer30

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I had issues with the big toe on my right foot - for me it was being caused by practicing my swing at home with no shoes on. Completing the turn so that my right foot ends correctly - ie on my toe really started to irritate.

Could be a similar thing going on, where the spikeless sole is not taking all the weight and your toe joint is having to take extra load.

woosey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i get the same issue (pain only in right foot) if i wear my nike golf shoes, ever since going back to footjoy - no issues at all! I don't get foot pain in any other sport it play (and i play a few!) so it's just the nike shoes that do it...

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
When you say it's in the big toe region, is it the joint of the toe or just general soreness? I only ask as I have a problem with the joint of my big toe on my right foot. It's more pain than soreness though

Morning mate, is it the big toe joint? If so I am having exactly the same issue and I wear a 13 too. Unfortunately for me though it appears to be a Hallux Limitus (Google it, I promise I am not making it up) Arthritus is annoyingly popular in my family and it certainly seems like the issue for me.

My Addidas 360's have been great but after leaving them at my old mans I have used an old pair recently... think its worth the trip over as this pain has increased since wearing the old pair.

Is that another name for a bunion or type of bunion?

I think i might suffer this also.

StrangelyBrown

Tour Winner
Visit site
every round for me due to a fallen met arch, supposed to wear a 'special' insole and shoe but sod that as it would limit choice massively

I've got flat feet too, but wear 3/4 length rigid insoles. They don't limit my choice and neither my feet, ankles or shins kill me after 18 :)

Coatsy79

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hmmm cheers for the advice guys maybe its just the hard ground and the shoes aren't quite as supportive as they could be possibly

I may try a round in my adidas' and see what happens then, if its the same it's unlikely to be just the shoes

Coatsy79

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
size 13 feet! I thought only hobbits had feet that big ;)

SB I will look into the 3/4 insoles :thup:

It's a sodding ball ache, I never get to try shoes on before buying as I pretty much have to buy online

And shop wombles look at you like your mad when you ask them for a 13 then promptly bring me an 11 as "that's all we've got" :rofl: