solution for buying a club that i received damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
It sounds to me like the weight has been put in and tightened with a torx screwdriver rather than a TM torque wrench and it has driven in a little too far. Id try hitting the club first to be honest.

DCB

Visit site
It sounds to me like the weight has been put in and tightened with a torx screwdriver rather than a TM torque wrench and it has driven in a little too far.

Sounds like this may well be the cause IMO

Anyway, I'm still of the opinion a refund is due.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have you actually tried the club? On the one side I can see the caveat empour bit and you bought on that basis. However if you bought it on here particularly, I would hope that the sellet would do the right thing for the sake of a relatively small amount of money. If you don't get any joy you do need to name and shame

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
It sounds to me like the weight has been put in and tightened with a torx screwdriver rather than a TM torque wrench and it has driven in a little too far. Id try hitting the club first to be honest.

i currently have a TM RBZ driver with a TM wrench i used to own TM R7 cgb max driver and 3 wood, so i reckon ive done nothing wrong with removing the weights. i DID take the weights out first to inspect before i was going to hit it. very small crack which when you refit the weight is now showing outside the weight. (i am not going to hit this club)

my post is not a witch hunt but me seeking others opinions and possible solution or compromise

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
This has the makings of a Witch Hunt about it.

There seems to little evidence one way or the other, it seems that in Law the seller doesn't have to refund and yet we want to name and shame him? For no doing anything fundamentally wrong? Morally he probably should refund but he ceratinly doesn't have to.
Not getting involved in the nitty-gritty but it's between the 2 guys

Name and shame and we lose a Forummer.......

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Takes about 5 mins to figure out who it "could" be .... personally it's between the 2guys, I have to say if I was the seller then it wouldn't have gotten to this point.

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
This has the makings of a Witch Hunt about it.

There seems to little evidence one way or the other, it seems that in Law the seller doesn't have to refund and yet we want to name and shame him? For no doing anything fundamentally wrong? Morally he probably should refund but he ceratinly doesn't have to.
Not getting involved in the nitty-gritty but it's between the 2 guys

Name and shame and we lose a Forummer.......

DEFO not a witch hunt!!!! where else do i have access to possible hundreds of opinions and possible solutions. my emails to the seller have been polite. and my posts here are my side of the story. im gutted about the club really gutted (i wont give you the sob story but some on here know it)
i dont think i should be the one looking for a solution as im down £50 and got a damaged club

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
DEFO not a witch hunt!!!! where else do i have access to possible hundreds of opinions and possible solutions. my emails to the seller have been polite. and my posts here are my side of the story. im gutted about the club really gutted (i wont give you the sob story but some on here know it)
i dont think i should be the one looking for a solution as im down £50 and got a damaged club

Hey, not having a go at you.
I just think that the calls for naming and shaming are a bit OTT. If he genuinely didn't know of any damage then he's within his rights to not cough up. Not accusing either side of lying in the slightest.
I have to say, if it had been me then, as BT says, it wouldn't have got this far but if the Guy has the law on his side then revealing an identity doesn't help in my opinion. All that happens is that a Forummer is run out of Town and you're still 50 quid down.

I don't think anyone of us would deliberately offer a dodgy club for sale

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Regardless of the outcome, the club does have some damage, perhaps whoever ends up with it could contact TM and see if it can be repaired or replaced at a favourable price.
I dont see why anyone should be named (I dont think it has gotten to the shame bit yet) if it ends mutually acceptable.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure about this thread....

I bought a club from here a while back and after about 4 shots noticed the weight (only one) had fallen out.

I didn't "inspect" the club when I received it, buying second hand has risks which I accept.

I now have 3 choices, get it fixed, use as us or replace.

Disclaimer: this is in no way a dig at the person I bought the club from, they knew as soon as it happened but I was only asking if they had a wrench and/or where I could get replacement weight and do not expect a refund.

Buying second hand doesn't always work out through nobody's fault.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Devil's advocate; a postman in the sorting office drops a box on the parcel, impact point roughly where the weight is. Is the box showing even a little crush damage? It may well be that with enough packing the box may not compress enough to show excessive damage but the force is driven thro' onto said point...

Just a thought. And no it wasn't me, honest.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
the £50 should be refunded, the weight has been over tightened previously. I did it to any old R7 i had previously putting in some heavier weights:) I'd refund without a second thought.

Alternatively you could come to some arrangement where you get £25 refunded, no one loses face, the club gets binned & it's put down to experience

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
the £50 should be refunded, the weight has been over tightened previously. I did it to any old R7 i had previously putting in some heavier weights:) I'd refund without a second thought.

Alternatively you could come to some arrangement where you get £25 refunded, no one loses face, the club gets binned & it's put down to experience
Just the clubhead if that was the case, sounds like the rest of the club can be reused, ie shaft, weights etc.

T

thecraw

I was under the impression that you now can't over tighten a TM club. Once it clicks it won't tighten any more - certainly thats how the shafts work, never messed about with the weight ports though!

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just remember tho the sale of good act only covers you if the purchase does not do, or is incapable of doing, the action it was sold to do ..

Have you actualy tried the driver since you notified the seller ? if so & its faulty you have a case , if it works ok then you dont ..

I must admit tho mate & please dont take this wrong but to have im just looking at it from a sellers side ..

the fact you didnt check it til you brought it to the range, id be checking it the min it was delivered to make sure it wasnt damaged in transit , you said the weight thingy was no biggy so why did you take them out to inspect it them ?

If you said you hit a ball & it sounded strange then you checked , it would be understandable .. just being devils advocate here ,

for the record , i wouldnt fall out with anyone over £50 unless i was 100% positive & id have sent you your dosh back

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just remember tho the sale of good act only covers you if the purchase does not do, or is incapable of doing, the action it was sold to do ..

Have you actualy tried the driver since you notified the seller ? if so & its faulty you have a case , if it works ok then you dont ..

I must admit tho mate & please dont take this wrong but to have im just looking at it from a sellers side ..

the fact you didnt check it til you brought it to the range, id be checking it the min it was delivered to make sure it wasnt damaged in transit , you said the weight thingy was no biggy so why did you take them out to inspect it them ?

If you said you hit a ball & it sounded strange then you checked , it would be understandable .. just being devils advocate here ,

for the record , i wouldnt fall out with anyone over £50 unless i was 100% positive & id have sent you your dosh back

re read my posts the club is cracked, i would assume if i hit it the crack will get bigger. and you can assume from the tone of my posts im not accusing the seller of knowingly sending a damaged club. as i can defo see both sides of the story

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The Sale of Goods Act does not apply (as I have said earlier) to private deals where the seller is not a trader in those goods. Martin Lewis's web site clarifies this with this statement

" However, buy from an occasional private seller and as long as the goods are 'as described', the only rule is "let the buyer beware". "

So long as the seller didnt warrant the club as being in perfect condition whilst knowing it wasn't then you have no come back.
nSorry also to be the bearer of bad news with TM, but I bought an early driver that had changeable weight bolts and 3 of them snapped, even though the tool was a torque wrench that they supply and should click tight and when I spoke to TM they absolutely didnt want to know as I was honest and said that I bought the club secondhand.

It's back to the seller and hope for goodwill I'm afraid - best of luck!

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
re read my posts the club is cracked, i would assume if i hit it the crack will get bigger. and you can assume from the tone of my posts im not accusing the seller of knowingly sending a damaged club. as i can defo see both sides of the story

Yeah but once you have notifed the seller , it doesnt matter if the crack gets bigger or not , once u used it in the manner it was designed for .. ie hitting golf balls

Yes i think your posts have been very fair & you are being very reasonable about it .. & as i said if it were me you bought it from id be refunding you ..

I know alot of guys are saying name & shame & you are not doing so , fair play for that , if for any reason you do decide maybe you should name the person to prevent it happening again , maybe run it by Mike or Jezz in an email 1st .. just a thought..
Full Respect for way you are handling it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.