Solo Golf

Big_D

Hacker
Visit site
If it's a quite day on the course and I'm on my own I like nothing better then setting off with a light carry bag with half a set of clubs and the ipod in place.

If you dont mind your own company it's the best type of practice.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Yeah like it at times, I used to play alone quite a bit before I joined the club, used to be early mornings about 0630 and on a summers morning it was beautiful, totally Kings golf.

boycey1985

Medal Winner
Visit site
i dont mind goin on my own get to drop a couple of extra balls if u hit 1 wrong or theres certain parts of your game you want to fix. dont get me wrong i like goin out with a mate in the week but sometimes if its just a practice round i get a bit competative and start getting annoyed when things go wrong.

Adrena1in

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I used to love it, going down the club in the summer last year, wondering why on earth the course was practically empty. I do tend to get a bit more annoyed at myself when things go wrong, and I have a few times walked off the course after only a few holes when things started badly, but I still like the occasional solo game.

And when the course is very empty it's a great time to chuck 4 or 5 balls down round a green and practise little chip shots and stuff.

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep I like a few holes not having to worry about anyone elses game , enjoy the scenery and quiet.

Nice to play a few different shots without having to rush along

T

thecraw

Solo golf is awesome, especially when the course is quiet, dropping a few balls here, a couple of balls there, what would I hit from here during a medal, a few flops out of this bunker etc etc.

I love being on the course when its quiet by myself hitting balls, working on the swing or my putting stroke.

Everyone should experience it. I remember one year playing on Machrie till about 2300hrs comming down the last in almost total darkness having been a single ball on the course for 4 hours just hitting loads of different shots, totally lost track of time and suddenly realised the light was going on the 17th tee. Fabulous memories.

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
I'd never played any solo golf until about 3-4 weeks ago as I (wrongly I know) viewed it as anti-social! lol

I now cant get enough of it, as much as I like playing with mates etc you cant beat a round by yourself practising allsorts or playing 2-3 balls on every hole.

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
I play about 2-3 times a week, on my own ( the reason why, I shall post a whole new thread about soon ) and I love it !

A few times I get invited to join someone, half the time I take it up, other times I say no thanks I'm practising. It's great to go round at your own pace, (18 holes in 2.5 hours) or take a few extra shots here or there. Like someone else said, have a few goes at a bunker shot, a approaches onto the green, even a an extra drive. All of this I do when there's no-one behind me of course, or if I'm at least 2-3 holes in front of anyone else.

steveyjd81

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Seems like im not the only one who likes a bit of solo golf

some of my golf mates wont even consider playing on their own cos they think people will take the piss and will just stay at home on there own

Whats sadder?

Yerman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If it's a quite day on the course and I'm on my own I like nothing better then setting off with a light carry bag with half a set of clubs and the ipod in place.

If you dont mind your own company it's the best type of practice.

But how do you hear the "fore" :eek:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am another fan of solo golf, would far rather practice on the course than on a range. I will more often than not drop another couple of balls if I hit a dud shot until I get it right, have a few stabs at those awkward putts and generally play those shots that I would not try during a competitive round.

I also agree that solo golf is only really worth trying early morning or later in the evening as it can get very frustrating for all concerned on a busy course

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Only if the course is empty. Nothing worse than solo golf when the course is full of 4 balls.

:)

I often play a few holes then catch up with a slow group rather quickly......it's annoying!