Solheim Cup 2021

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Something like that would initiate my inner childishness. The opposition would be holing out every single putt from that point. Even if the ball was overhanging the hole.

I know it probably wasn't the US player who initiated it. But it was their ref and I wouldn't be supprised if it was mentioned to the ref by a member of the US team.

D

Deleted member 15344

No, it's the overhanging the whole bit that is crucial here. Not sure how the referee could see that from off the green though.
The referee thought it was overhanging - the European girls said it wasn’t , referee checked the video and decided she was right

Referee has followed the rules to the Letter.

D

Deleted member 15344

Something like that would initiate my inner childishness. The opposition would be holing out every single putt from that point. Even if the ball was overhanging the hole.

I know it probably wasn't the US player who initiated it. But it was their ref and I wouldn't be supprised if it was mentioned to the ref by a member of the US team.

The ref is from the governing body - I have no doubt she would have done the same if the US girl had picked the ball up

D

Deleted member 15344

Personally I don't think having officials jumping in during matchplay is a good idea and doesn't keep up the integrity of the sport.

Surely the rules being followed is keeping the integrity but the spirit of the competition wasn’t great in that moment.

D

Deleted member 3432

Personally I don't think having officials jumping in during matchplay is a good idea and doesn't keep up the integrity of the sport.

I think that been being told to intervene if they see a rules breach has just got the officials itching to get involved.

If the referee was not standing on the green how could they say the ball was overhanging?

TV pictures never going to be conclusive on something like this and Korda's reaction suggests it wasn't going to drop.

A can of worms has just been opened by the officials in my opinion.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And when their match is over the players (on both sides) will be put in an awkward position answering questions about just one incident. A shame, especially if on Monday night the Americans have won by a half point.