Smart watches

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking at getting a smart watch of some sort in the very near future. Not sure whether to go for a golf specific watch, garmin s20 or similar, or go for a full on smart watch like the Galaxy and put a golf app on it. Anyone got any experience pros/cons of either?

D

Deleted member 1740

I've got the garmin vivoactive 4 and it's got everything I need it for and more.

I think you can add the golf app onto it aswell.

Boss piece of kit though.

Last edited by a moderator:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've got the garmin vivoactive 4s and it's got everything I need it for and more.

I think you can add the golf app onto it aswell.

Boss piece of kit though.

can you store music on the watch on the 4, or do you have to get a different "music" version as you did with the 3?

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had a basic Garmin which only showed me distance to front, centre and back of the green. It was OK but I much prefer the app (Tag Heuer) I run on my Apple Watch as it shows detailed hole layout and I can easily get distances to hazards. It has the ability to do scoring but I find that too much of a faff. Of course the Apple Watch can do so much more than this, e.g. workout tracking, heart rate monitoring, notifications etc. I would never go back to a dedicated golf watch.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Posted the other day on a thread. I have got the s60 and it’s brilliant. Pretty pricey, but keep your eye on fleebay. I got mine for a steal!
Great smart watch plus hole images as well as distances...

D

Deleted member 1740

can you store music on the watch on the 4, or do you have to get a different "music" version as you did with the 3?

I'm pretty certain you can but I've not.

I only use the tracker for when I'm in the gym, its wasted on me in all honesty.

D

Deleted member 1740

i had the original vivoactive, used it for golf and exercise but would love to put music and £30 on the watch for when I walk the dog via the pub so dont need the phone or wallet :)

Sorry mine is the vivoactove 4, I think you can link it to play music through spotify if that makes sense?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sorry mine is the vivoactove 4, I think you can link it to play music through spotify if that makes sense?

i know

the model before was the vivo 3. they then bought out a vivo 3 music that you could store music on directly rather than listening from your phone so didnt have to have the phone present, was wondering if the 4 had that (might be easier to look at the specs ;) )

D

Deleted member 1740

i know

the model before was the vivo 3. they then bought out a vivo 3 music that you could store music on directly rather than listening from your phone so didnt have to have the phone present, was wondering if the 4 had that (might be easier to look at the specs ;) )

Haha I'm not very techy but I've just uploaded spotify onto it?

D

Deleted member 1740

@fundy you can upload and store music and play it but you need a computer or laptop to load it.

Got there in the end ??

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Posted the other day on a thread. I have got the s60 and it’s brilliant. Pretty pricey, but keep your eye on fleebay. I got mine for a steal!
Great smart watch plus hole images as well as distances...

Same here. Do you practice on the range? If so, it's got a swing tempo reader built in, and also ( not used it myself), if you buy an extra, it can read your swing and analyse it.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site