Slow play pfffft

JPH

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
For all those who hate slow play and lack of etiquette check this out

I am in Panama for a few weeks , staying in the highlands at the moment , happy days as there is a lovely little par 30 course 6 par threes and 3 par fours , gorgeous looking with mountain streams , ponds full of massive Koi and some really demanding tee shots with water all over the shop basically , lovely , like playing in a huge posh garden , was in my element until me and missus get to the 8th , you play from an elevated tee and then have to walk down a big hill to the fairway , so tee off nice and down the middle leaving 50 yards to the green over a fast running river about ten yards wide, nice , as we are walking down the fairway a guy and his wife and kid buzz past us in a buggy and pull up in front of the green and do no more than proceed onto the green with a putter and start taking pics of their kid putting the ball about , I'm stood fifty yards away staring at them starting to fume , it's a good five or ten minutes while they shoot video and such , missus is saying " just hit into the ignorant sods " I didn't want to kill a small child so waited , eventually they wander back to their buggy and sit in it for a further couple of minutes , I play in the end right over their cart walk over bridge to green putt out and continue to next hole , tee off and am walking down the fairway when they whizz past again , oh no not again surely I thought , I'd hit a really nice drive 230 - 250 which is massive for me and we were about 150 yards to my ball as I walked down the fairway , this numpty only pulls up next to my ball picks it up and throws it to his kid in the cart , final straw I shout loudly and start to run down the fairway , oi that's my effing ball you total ( unrepeatable) , he grabs it off his kid and lodges back on the grass then speeds off in the buggy , Angry I was livid ........wasn't cheap to play here for a nine hole executive course , you'd think they wouldn't let Numptys out on such a nice tough course , let alone someone basically driving their kid about messing about grrrrrrr

I have the patience of a saint but I wanted to slap this guy

Last edited:

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Unbeleivable! You obviously do have the patience of a saint to wait like you did on the 8th when they butted in. Similar thing happened to me in Spain. Me and HID playing as a two ball, walking. Not slow players. We we walking down a fairway and a ball comes flying over our heads. next thing this single player, out of nowhere comes hurtling down the fairway in a buggy, right past us to his ball. I shouted but he just ignored me, jumped out of his buggy, hits his shot in milliseconds, jumps back in the buggy and sets off top speed for the green. At this point we should have probably played our shots into the green while he was putting out, but we were so shocked we just waited the 15 seconds or so for him to putt out. To be honest, as far as he was concerned it was like we weren't there. Still, I suppose you couldn't accuse him of slow play!

JPH

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Unbeleivable! You obviously do have the patience of a saint to wait like you did on the 8th when they butted in. Similar thing happened to me in Spain. Me and HID playing as a two ball, walking. Not slow players. We we walking down a fairway and a ball comes flying over our heads. next thing this single player, out of nowhere comes hurtling down the fairway in a buggy, right past us to his ball. I shouted but he just ignored me, jumped out of his buggy, hits his shot in milliseconds, jumps back in the buggy and sets off top speed for the green. At this point we should have probably played our shots into the green while he was putting out, but we were so shocked we just waited the 15 seconds or so for him to putt out. To be honest, as far as he was concerned it was like we weren't there. Still, I suppose you couldn't accuse him of slow play!

Just rude isn't it

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I understand you're plight and yes it was rude. But when the incident first started on the 8th, despite only being 50 yds to the green, words could had exchanged there and then.

This family are obviously oblivious to golf and as you described, it sounds like you were in paradise. For all they knew, they were in a picturesque countryside. They were probably just as confused as you and you're wife were as to why a couple standing only 50 yds away were saying nothing and staring.

JPH

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It's obvious that people might be playing golf though

And common sense you don't just pick up a ball

Bless em , but they shouldn't have been out there

Last edited: