Men playing from the Red Tee's

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
A bit of a tangent (& not meant as a criticism to any club) but isn't it an oversight of the owners or members not to recognize that by improving the teeing areas they and players get the various advantages it offers?
I would agree but in addition to the cost of building new tee boxes we haven't got the space on the existing boxes. As it happens virtually no members want to play the significantly shorter red tees. The yellows are short enough and we have longer blue and white tees. Some men play casual games from the short ladies' green tees in the summer but the ladies only use them in the winter

Last edited:

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
I would agree but in addition to the cost of building new tee boxes we haven't got the space on the existing boxes. As it happens virtually no members want to play the significantly shorter red tees. The yellows are short enough and we have longer blue and white tees. Some men play casual games from the short ladies' green tees in the summer but the ladies only use them in the winter
The red tees are not "ladies tees" in this day and age. If you want to remove that stigma, put the red tee markers at the back tee.

Paulienash

Visit site
Some of them would be hitting driver on 150 yard par 3’s mate. You’ll have nothing to worry about with the distances you’ve quoted.

I took the camera along and filmed a Texas Scramble we had a few years back.
The youth would have only been age 11 here and he was comfortable off the yellows then. 👍

Thanks,

Oddly I was watching one your youtubes the other day, El Plantio is one of the courses we're definitely playing. If I can hit it half as far as the youngster I'll be happy.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
The red tees are not "ladies tees" in this day and age. If you want to remove that stigma, put the red tee markers at the back tee.
There is no stigma. All the men recognise that the red tees cannot support the traffic and damage that they (ie men) cause so we haven't bothered to get a rating for a course that will not be played. After a major alteration to the course we cannot afford (yet) to build or relocate new tees. As it happens all our tees are referred to by colour alone not by gender.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks,

Oddly I was watching one your youtubes the other day, El Plantio is one of the courses we're definitely playing. If I can hit it half as far as the youngster I'll be happy.

El Plantio was one of my favourite courses there - certainly not the best condition in comparison to some of the top courses, but was always great value, and they hosted loads of Junior comps and had a thriving junior programme. We looked at joining there as members but it was just a touch too far from where we lived. Do you know the other venues you are going to?

AussieKB

Visit site
We got a rating for Men off the Red tees, play one competition a year off them, quite fun, I managed to shoot under par but only hit driver 6-8 times, otherwise you ran out of fairway.

A lot of the guys thought they would shoot the lights out, most struggled to score 36 points, amazing when a person's handicap is reduced by 3-6 shots they crash.

Paulienash

Visit site
El Plantio was one of my favourite courses there - certainly not the best condition in comparison to some of the top courses, but was always great value, and they hosted loads of Junior comps and had a thriving junior programme. We looked at joining there as members but it was just a touch too far from where we lived. Do you know the other venues you are going to?
Not sure which other courses yet, we're staying at El Plantio so we've already booked 2 rounds in one day there, we've enough time to play 2 other courses (day before & day after) there was a couple the Alicante side of Murcia that looked quite fun, we're not looking to pay big money.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We got a rating for Men off the Red tees, play one competition a year off them, quite fun, I managed to shoot under par but only hit driver 6-8 times, otherwise you ran out of fairway.

A lot of the guys thought they would shoot the lights out, most struggled to score 36 points, amazing when a person's handicap is reduced by 3-6 shots they crash.
Not sure we have a mens rating off the reds which seems a shame as it would be fun to play that once in a while

IanMcC

Visit site
In my experience it is only the UK where snottiness exists about which tee you can or cannot use.
In Spain, Portugal, Turkey and the US, when I have played, you are positively encouraged to use the tee that most represents your ability.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
In which case the lowest score off the red tees is 69. :unsure: ;)
Oddly enough Doon, Ave just had a peruse on our site re Gross scores on yellows and white.

Yellows
Men 70
women 72

Whites
Men 68
Women No score.

Now what surprises me is that there is no women’s score for the Whites and the white tee Gross score is lower than the yellow, yet obviously the white tees are longer than the yellow.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oddly enough Doon, Ave just had a peruse on our site re Gross scores on yellows and white.

Yellows
Men 70
women 72

Whites
Men 68
Women No score.

Now what surprises me is that there is no women’s score for the Whites and the white tee Gross score is lower than the yellow, yet obviously the white tees are longer than the yellow.
What are Gross Scores in this context?

Do you mean Course Rating?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Bobthesock

Visit site
I play from the red tees all winter when I go in my own for a practice.
The mens tees are all on mats whilst the ladies are mainly on grass. I'm using driver most holes so not like I am taking divots out of them

sunshine

Visit site
A bit of a tangent (& not meant as a criticism to any club) but isn't it an oversight of the owners or members not to recognize that by improving the teeing areas they and players get the various advantages it offers?

I think we need to recognise that many golf courses in the UK were built a hundred years ago and women's tees were an afterthought.

I would expect any modern course to be built with more inclusive teeing areas, including tees for children / beginners.