SkyCaddie users...

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Question for all you skycaddie users

Currently have the Touch, whilst I wait for my SX500 to be delivered, but with the SX500 being a bit bigger, I’d like to know where you keep yours?!

When using my trolley, it is fine, as there is an integrated device holder, but when I carry, I hate having the device in my pocket, and I don’t like having it in a bag pocket.

How have you, if you have, attached your skycaddie to your bag so it is easily visible and accessible?!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Mine swings about on my carry bag, attached to a strap on the outside, never lost it yet!!!

On the trolley, attached to the trolley.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I use my SC belt clip and attach it to my towel ring.

I used to have gate clip with a similar attachment to the belt clip so it hung off my towel ring, but I lost it and have never found a similar accessory.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Is the belt clip that secure though?

If your worried about it’s fixing to the towel ring, then get a training band (like a belt) and wrap it around the top of your carry bag then attach the belt clip to that.

On my cart bag my belt clip is attached to the 2 rubber cords that strap the bag to the trolley, so you can simply emulate this on your carry bag with a band or a bungie cord.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Back right pocket. Scorecard and pen back left pocket. Tees in the right front, pitch mark repairer and ball marker front left. Not OCD at all.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
my sky caddie came with a clip on belt holder - that is what I use to fix it to the strap on my golf bag when carrying. Didn't yours come with one?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seems the belt clip is the way to go...i’ll wait for the SX500 and test it out. I didn’t think it would be secure enough to be honest, but can give it a try

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I will be interested in the SX500 when it comes out. However I have avoided pre ordering. In my experience Skycaddie are not good at calculating product launches. The Lynx GT was way over time. I pre ordered and the launch date was put back over and over again. In the end I cancelled. I see their US site already says that they have sold out of the SX500 “due to unprecedented sales” and that new stock is expected mid September. All orders received prior to August 16 are currently shipping in the order they were received. I am not sure how this affects UK stock.
I hope you receive yours on time and would be interested to know your opinion of it.

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I will be interested in the SX500 when it comes out. However I have avoided pre ordering. In my experience Skycaddie are not good at calculating product launches. The Lynx GT was way over time. I pre ordered and the launch date was put back over and over again. In the end I cancelled. I see their US site already says that they have sold out of the SX500 “due to unprecedented sales” and that new stock is expected mid September. All orders received prior to August 16 are currently shipping in the order they were received. I am not sure how this affects UK stock.
I hope you receive yours on time and would be interested to know your opinion of it.

i emailed them and they have no date for it coming to the U.K.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mine is due for delivery first week of September....so hoping it will be here soon.

From the reports I have read from the US, SkyCaddie seem to have got this one fairly right, and have managed to provide stock to all those that pre-ordered. They have also stated the devices themselves are fairly bullet proof and a massive upgrade to the Touch

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I’d wait for a couple of months, if it’s anything like all the other SkyCaddie releases it’ll be full of bugs and you’ll need 3/4 updates before it’s working properly.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
maybe so, thats what there U.K. customer services said yesterday.

If you know where please let me know. I will go and buy one. It looks like a great piece of kit.

As an ex employee of SC and still pretty close to them, the UK Golf agent Richard Tinworth has announced they are in stock at Cooden Beach, Princes, Silvermere and Golf Gear Direct.

I’ll be ordering mine on Saturday from my Pro shop at Coventry then sell my Touch.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Completely unrelated to the belt clip, but received my SX500 yesterday. Holy hell it seems great. Its as big as my iPhone X, which could be interesting, but the screen quality and speed of the thing is obscene compared to the Touch. Can't wait to use it on course.

WiFi sync is also back and better than ever...no requirement for a PC at all now.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Sorry to hijack the thread but out of interest what was the issue with the Touch ?

My touch has been great however that said since the last update mine has frozen a few times on the course for two or three minutes. I just contacted Skycaddie yesterday about it. Will see what they say?

Not sure if that has been a common problem or not?