Recommend Me The Perfect Bag..

sunshine

Visit site
Oh well, I don't carry loads of stuff with me so we'll see when it arrives. My main concern is the 750ml Chilly's bottle I think. :LOL:

that is a legitimate point - i like to carry a 1l bottle but very few waterproof bags have bottle holders. It doesn't need to be a waterproof pocket, just a mesh holder.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
that is a legitimate point - i like to carry a 1l bottle but very few waterproof bags have bottle holders. It doesn't need to be a waterproof pocket, just a mesh holder.
It definitely has a slide pouch for a bottle on one side, I saw it on a photo. My bottle will probably stick out the top a bit as it's large, but as long as it doesn't fall out we're all good.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
It definitely has a slide pouch for a bottle on one side, I saw it on a photo. My bottle will probably stick out the top a bit as it's large, but as long as it doesn't fall out we're all good.

Just stick it in one of the pockets. That's what I do with my litre bottle.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hydroflex bag has arrived. Good first impression - the stand & legs mechanism is a million times better, it even sits a bit lower which I like as should be less likely to blow over in the wind. The pocket space is roughly equivalent to the old bag so that's fine, everything fits in. Drink pocket is a little shallow for my 750ml but it shouldn't fall out or anything since it is upright. I like the fact that the carry strap is detachable as well for when it's on the trolley later in the year - this wasn't the case with the Big Max bag so the strap would be flapping around on top. Can't wait to take it out now, although who knows if it'll be this weekend with the weather the way it is.

Mike79

Visit site
:mad: Went with the Players 4+ StaDry... what arrived was the non StaDry. It is now being collected and refunded so I'm back to hunting. Have checked the local golf store - they just sold their last Players 4+ StaDry on Wednesday. They have the Hybrid 14 StaDry in Navy or Black. They also have Ping Hoofer Monsoon in various colours.

I've never been fussed re waterproof, but I want to be able to play every week, regardless of the weather.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
:mad: Went with the Players 4+ StaDry... what arrived was the non StaDry. It is now being collected and refunded so I'm back to hunting. Have checked the local golf store - they just sold their last Players 4+ StaDry on Wednesday. They have the Hybrid 14 StaDry in Navy or Black. They also have Ping Hoofer Monsoon in various colours.

I've never been fussed re waterproof, but I want to be able to play every week, regardless of the weather.
Yeah, I think if you're using the same bag all year like I am, it's just a bit of piece of mind that if you get caught in a downpour, all of your belongings and grips aren't going to get absolutely sodden. Actually makes the bag a bit easier to wipe clean as well I find.

Snainton has the Stadry bags: https://www.snaintongolf.co.uk/golf-bags/bags-by-type/stand-bags?manufacturer=21736 and remember it's SG10 at checkout for 10% off. (Worked for my bag anyway.)
It seems like they may only have Players 4+ in red and white though.

Mike79

Visit site
Yeah, I think if you're using the same bag all year like I am, it's just a bit of piece of mind that if you get caught in a downpour, all of your belongings and grips aren't going to get absolutely sodden. Actually makes the bag a bit easier to wipe clean as well I find.

Snainton has the Stadry bags: https://www.snaintongolf.co.uk/golf-bags/bags-by-type/stand-bags?manufacturer=21736 and remember it's SG10 at checkout for 10% off. (Worked for my bag anyway.)
It seems like they may only have Players 4+ in red and white though.

The Red/White/Navy Players 4+ SD was £220 at Silvermere but £269 at Snainton. Seems to be stock issues again (or new Titleist colours pending) as few places have them available at the moment - even Snainton is pre-order only

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Red/White/Navy Players 4+ SD was £220 at Silvermere but £269 at Snainton. Seems to be stock issues again (or new Titleist colours pending) as few places have them available at the moment - even Snainton is pre-order only
Oh fair enough, I didn't realise that. Clearly a popular bag!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hybrid bags are ideal precisely because you don't have to swap everything across between bags every time you want to carry or not carry. I would never go back to having two separate bags, I can't see the point.

Buy a second set of clubs etc so you do not have to swap everything over when you change bags:ROFLMAO: