Recommend Me The Perfect Bag..

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know I'm fussy. But my Big Max bag which I initially liked has two flaws which annoy me - one, you have to actually apply downward pressure to make the legs come out (I was recommended an adjustment in another thread for this, but the suggested adjustment didn't budge easily and I'm not sure I want to risk breaking it and making it unsellable if I decided to upgrade), and two, the umbrella holder is stupidly situated on the underneath side of the bag.

Can anyone recommend the perfect bag based on these requirements?

• hybrid bag - i.e. for carry & trolley use
  • waterproof with hood etc
  • ideally 14 divider
  • not too expensive - less than 200

My Big Max Drilite Hybrid 14 meet those requirements, so perhaps I should add "no fiddly annoyances" as a 5th requirement. :LOL:

I've heard good things about Motocaddy bags, but the Hydroflex only has 5 dividers. I might decide I can put with that if there are no better suggestions. The Aquaflex has been mentioned but it seems that nobody sells that at the moment.

Thanks all.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Buy a trolley ?
I think you've misunderstood. I have a perfectly good trolley that I use in summer.

Get a decent trolley bag and a decent carry bag and swap over as needed.
This is completely at odds with what I've asked for. Hybrid bags are ideal precisely because you don't have to swap everything across between bags every time you want to carry or not carry. I would never go back to having two separate bags, I can't see the point.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I get what you’re saying about the bag, I have the Hybrid 14 and have noticed the same things, for a couple of months over the winter I can deal with it though. Btw, I put my brolley in with my wedges rather than use that stupid holder.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I know I'm fussy. But my Big Max bag which I initially liked has two flaws which annoy me - one, you have to actually apply downward pressure to make the legs come out (I was recommended an adjustment in another thread for this, but the suggested adjustment didn't budge easily and I'm not sure I want to risk breaking it and making it unsellable if I decided to upgrade), and two, the umbrella holder is stupidly situated on the underneath side of the bag.

Can anyone recommend the perfect bag based on these requirements?

• hybrid bag - i.e. for carry & trolley use
  • waterproof with hood etc
  • ideally 14 divider
  • not too expensive - less than 200

My Big Max Drilite Hybrid 14 meet those requirements, so perhaps I should add "no fiddly annoyances" as a 5th requirement. :LOL:

I've heard good things about Motocaddy bags, but the Hydroflex only has 5 dividers. I might decide I can put with that if there are no better suggestions. The Aquaflex has been mentioned but it seems that nobody sells that at the moment.

Thanks all.
I'll be watching this with interest, as I couldn't find a 14 way divider hybrid bag other than the Callaway Hyperdry, which I returned as it wasn't waterproof (rain hood allowed water into the bag when attached to the straps) and the Big Max. I know what you mean about the legs. I've found if you pull them out slightly yourself, it gives more stability... just don't snap them off!

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Taylormade Crossover - Which I have and is fine, better carry bag than trolley bag though

Titleist Hybrid 14 - Never used, but fits the brief.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Taylormade Crossover - Which I have and is fine, better carry bag than trolley bag though

Titleist Hybrid 14 - Never used, but fits the brief.
Both may have issues with the rainhood attaching and sealing round the straps. Have you found there's a gap like this on the TM?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220228-121755_Photos~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220228-121755_Photos~2.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 8

babylonsinger

Visit site
I bought an Inesis Waterproof stand bag from Decathlon when my previous bag gave up the ghost. This fits the brief in 3 of your requirements (14 dividers, waterproof and considerably cheaper than 200). Not sure I'd fully recommend it though as it never seems to sit right on my trolley (I have a Clicgear Rovic RV1C I think it is)

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Both may have issues with the rainhood attaching and sealing round the straps. Have you found there's a gap like this on the TM?

If I'm honest I just ignore the waterproof requirement. If its wet enough that you consider a hood, then everythings getting wet one way or another. Dont even know if I own a hood for mine, definitely havent tried to use it. Stuff in the pockets seems to stay dry.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I get what you’re saying about the bag, I have the Hybrid 14 and have noticed the same things, for a couple of months over the winter I can deal with it though. Btw, I put my brolley in with my wedges rather than use that stupid holder.
Yeah, it's a shame because it would be an excellent bag without those two grievances. The waterproofing seems good and the pocket space is fine.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I bought an Inesis Waterproof stand bag from Decathlon when my previous bag gave up the ghost. This fits the brief in 3 of your requirements (14 dividers, waterproof and considerably cheaper than 200). Not sure I'd fully recommend it though as it never seems to sit right on my trolley (I have a Clicgear Rovic RV1C I think it is)
Exactly the same trolley as me funnily enough. So maybe I'll skip that one, haha. Cheers.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A related question - do people generally prefer 14-way dividers or not? I'm kind of flip-flopping on it at the moment. I think when I'm using a bag that doesn't have 14 dividers, I wish the clubs were more organised - but when I am using one, I sometimes find it a bit of faff getting the clubs back in the right slot. Never happy basically. :LOL: Essentially tempted to try the Hydroflex with it's 5-way divider on the basis that I find something to grumble with either way.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Used to have a sun mountain with 14 way divider that reduced bag chatter to nil. Since then I've had a ping and taylormade both with 14 ways that do nothing to reduce bag chatter. So I'm also wondering if its pointless...

phillarrow

Visit site
A related question - do people generally prefer 14-way dividers or not? I'm kind of flip-flopping on it at the moment. I think when I'm using a bag that doesn't have 14 dividers, I wish the clubs were more organised - but when I am using one, I sometimes find it a bit of faff getting the clubs back in the right slot. Never happy basically. :LOL: Essentially tempted to try the Hydroflex with it's 5-way divider on the basis that I find something to grumble with either way.

This! I switched from one with 3 rows plus a putter slot, to one with 14 holes - they were both equally annoying for different reasons!

On reflection though, my next bag won't have the full 14 dividers because I just find the clubs 'stick' together when getting them in and taking them out. I think the wider slots with fewer spaces is just about less annoying. Just.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
This! I switched from one with 3 rows plus a putter slot, to one with 14 holes - they were both equally annoying for different reasons!

On reflection though, my next bag won't have the full 14 dividers because I just find the clubs 'stick' together when getting them in and taking them out. I think the wider slots with fewer spaces is just about less annoying. Just.
Yeah I'm starting to think the same. Even with 14 I still find a club being hard to wedge in on occasions. Maybe having less dividers walls actually provides more space to get them in and out.