Recommend Me The Perfect Bag..

RichA

Visit site
I've got a Ping Monsoon bag.
It's nice and light. Only 5 club slots, not 14 though.
The straps take 60 seconds to remove or replace, if you prefer them off when using the trolley, but might find yourself needing to pop them on to carry.
It's my third Ping bag. The build quality is very, very good. It's based on the Hoofer bag, the design of which has apparently barely changed in years.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Yeah I'm starting to think the same. Even with 14 I still find a club being hard to wedge in on occasions. Maybe having less dividers walls actually provides more space to get them in and out.

I much prefer less slots than more! My 14 divider bag just does my swede in

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Personal view is that something designed to do the job of 2 other things generally doesn't do either of them well enough...
I have a decent trolley bag, a Ping DLX, as 99% of the time immusing my trolley
For the 1% when we have a trolley ban I've just bought a Big Max DriLite 7 to carry a half set..80 quid and with the number of times it'll get used each year it may well last until I drop.
Work out which you do more of..carry or trolley, bite the bullet and get one of each.

sunshine

Visit site
I've heard good things about Motocaddy bags, but the Hydroflex only has 5 dividers. I might decide I can put with that if there are no better suggestions. The Aquaflex has been mentioned but it seems that nobody sells that at the moment.

I believe hydroflex = aquaflex

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Personal view is that something designed to do the job of 2 other things generally doesn't do either of them well enough...
I have a decent trolley bag, a Ping DLX, as 99% of the time immusing my trolley
For the 1% when we have a trolley ban I've just bought a Big Max DriLite 7 to carry a half set..80 quid and with the number of times it'll get used each year it may well last until I drop.
Work out which you do more of..carry or trolley, bite the bullet and get one of each.
Makes sense for you but I'm honestly pretty close to 50 50. Trolley all summer, carry in winter when it gets muddy and trolley bans are in place. Even in summer it's probably trolley on Saturdays for 18, carry on Friday night for 9 holes practise. I just much prefer having one bag, not chopping and changing and moving everything across every time, and not having two bags taking up space in the cupboard under the stairs!

sunshine

Visit site
I had a very similar set of requirements, and ultimately there were only 3 brands that ticked ALL the boxes:

Callaway - terrible build quality based on previous experience / other people.
H2NO - pricey, £260 last time I looked.
Big Maxx - the solution, but I've since experienced the design flaws you mention. I have the Aqua hybrid 2, previously had the Aqua hybrid 1 which didn't have those flaws (but the straps were rubbish).

Ping and Titleist seem popular where I play, but don't have enough pockets for me. As someone else posted, you're always going to have to make a compromise somewhere.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a very similar set of requirements, and ultimately there were only 3 brands that ticked ALL the boxes:

Callaway - terrible build quality based on previous experience / other people.
H2NO - pricey, £260 last time I looked.
Big Maxx - the solution, but I've since experienced the design flaws you mention. I have the Aqua hybrid 2, previously had the Aqua hybrid 1 which didn't have those flaws (but the straps were rubbish).

Ping and Titleist seem popular where I play, but don't have enough pockets for me. As someone else posted, you're always going to have to make a compromise somewhere.
Yeah. As a big fan of hybrid bags for reason I've said above - I can't believe that more brands haven't gone that route, or at least produced one option for it. I'd have thought one all-purpose bag would be quite popular for convenience - if someone made one that genuinely ticks all the boxes.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know I'm fussy. But my Big Max bag which I initially liked has two flaws which annoy me - one, you have to actually apply downward pressure to make the legs come out (I was recommended an adjustment in another thread for this, but the suggested adjustment didn't budge easily and I'm not sure I want to risk breaking it and making it unsellable if I decided to upgrade), and two, the umbrella holder is stupidly situated on the underneath side of the bag.

Can anyone recommend the perfect bag based on these requirements?

• hybrid bag - i.e. for carry & trolley use
  • waterproof with hood etc
  • ideally 14 divider
  • not too expensive - less than 200

My Big Max Drilite Hybrid 14 meet those requirements, so perhaps I should add "no fiddly annoyances" as a 5th requirement. :LOL:

I've heard good things about Motocaddy bags, but the Hydroflex only has 5 dividers. I might decide I can put with that if there are no better suggestions. The Aquaflex has been mentioned but it seems that nobody sells that at the moment.

Thanks all.

You've missed off Zips that do NOT break.

Ping do a great bag with big zips that are much better than Taylormade and wilson bags, both bags broke a zip within 3 months of use.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Makes sense for you but I'm honestly pretty close to 50 50. Trolley all summer, carry in winter when it gets muddy and trolley bans are in place. Even in summer it's probably trolley on Saturdays for 18, carry on Friday night for 9 holes practise. I just much prefer having one bag, not chopping and changing and moving everything across every time, and not having two bags taking up space in the cupboard under the stairs!
Yeah, get that..not an easy compromise
Troublemis I don't think you'll get a "2 bags in one" without an irritation somewhere.

YandaB

Visit site
I had the same quandary a couple of years ago and decided to go with the H2NO 14 way bag but that was only a smal stretch of the budget to £240, seems that they are now £300! Very happy with mine so far, not quite a perfect fit on the trolley but perfectly manageble. No trouble with zips yet (touch wood) and enough pockets for everything I need and more.
Good luck with whichever compromise you end up with.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had the same quandary a couple of years ago and decided to go with the H2NO 14 way bag but that was only a smal stretch of the budget to £240, seems that they are now £300! Very happy with mine so far, not quite a perfect fit on the trolley but perfectly manageble. No trouble with zips yet (touch wood) and enough pockets for everything I need and more.
Good luck with whichever compromise you end up with.
I Googled H2NO as I didn't know much about them and the prices were eye-watering in all fairness, ha. In the realm of Galvin Green for me I think - lovely but no thanks.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
I think you've misunderstood. I have a perfectly good trolley that I use in summer.

This is completely at odds with what I've asked for. Hybrid bags are ideal precisely because you don't have to swap everything across between bags every time you want to carry or not carry. I would never go back to having two separate bags, I can't see the point.
Takes 30 secs to swap clubs over, you can keep a supply of tees, balls and the like in both. I find the hybrid bags are a poor compromise of both and do neither option especially well.

Boomy

Visit site
As others have said I don't think there is a perfect solution in one bag. I use a trolley bag and separate stand bag - as said above I just keep tees and balls in both bags which makes it a little easier to swap.

I am however looking for a new stand bag (I’ve got a Titleist stadry players 4 but can’t get away with the 5 dividers, it’s as new and for sale) and have heard great things about these, and they’re trolley friendly I believe. They also do a waterproof version:

https://www.thegolfshoponline.co.uk...MI8cb8haye9gIVEZftCh1DPgOlEAQYASABEgKlO_D_BwE

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ping Hoofer. By far the best bag on the market still.
The Titleist bags look great but the mechanism is utter garbage. This design flaw is shared amongst the countless company’s that use the Titleist bag system as part of their design.

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
I know I'm fussy. But my Big Max bag which I initially liked has two flaws which annoy me - one, you have to actually apply downward pressure to make the legs come out (I was recommended an adjustment in another thread for this, but the suggested adjustment didn't budge easily and I'm not sure I want to risk breaking it and making it unsellable if I decided to upgrade), and two, the umbrella holder is stupidly situated on the underneath side of the bag.

Can anyone recommend the perfect bag based on these requirements?

• hybrid bag - i.e. for carry & trolley use
  • waterproof with hood etc
  • ideally 14 divider
  • not too expensive - less than 200

My Big Max Drilite Hybrid 14 meet those requirements, so perhaps I should add "no fiddly annoyances" as a 5th requirement. :LOL:

Thanks all.
Ive got the same bag and find the stand almost useless, it stuggles to stand up on its own a slight gust of wind and it falls over. Ive now bent the legs out to make it more stable. Its a shame because apart from this its a decent bag.

The next bag I buy wont be a 14 divider as I find them a bit of a pain.