Hybrid bag recommendations

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As I have a Motocaddy push trolley, I think the obvious choice is the Motocaddy Hydroflex. I have a preference for a 14 way divider (Motocaddy only a 5 way divider), but possibly just because that's what I have now. What do most prefer?

Does anyone here use a different brand hybrid bag with a motocaddy trolley? Does it twist around a lot etc?

And more generally, happy to hear feedback on hybrid bags. Currently I use a standbag and almost always put it on my trolley, but not always and I like the flexibility of having the stand option if just playing 9 holes with my son on a short course etc. or in winter when trolleys aren't allowed. I don't want two different bags.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My Hydroflex bag is pretty much perfect. I actually much prefer the 5 way divider now. No more seconds wasted identifying which slot the club goes into. Just chuck the four head cover clubs in the top, 6-7-8 in one, 8-9-P in another, wedges in the next one and putter in the last slot. Less bag chatter when carrying as well because they are pressed together rather than being an inch apart from each other.

Like you say, really no need for having two different bags, I much prefer having the one for the whole year round. I'm not carrying so much stuff that I miss the one extra pocket you get on trolley bags.

Last edited:

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I use a big max dri-lite hybrid tour bag and find it fits very well on my Powakaddy, but the stand mechanism is also on of the best when carrying too. Pretty light but wouldn't say it's great for weight. Happy with it for what I wanted for sure. I had the fully waterproof version before but found the legs didn't splay out for enough to be really stable standing up. The newer models may have addressed this.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
My Hydroflex bag is pretty much perfect. I actually much prefer the 5 way divider now. No more seconds wasted identifying which slot the club goes into. Just chuck the four head over clubs in the top, 6-7-8 in one, 8-9-P in another, wedges in the next one and putter in the last slot. Less bag chatter when carrying as well because they are pressed together rather than being an inch apart from each other.

Like you say, really no need for having two different bags, I much prefer having the one for the whole year round. I'm not carrying so much stuff that I miss the one extra pocket you get on trolley bags.
This is the answer

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Macgregor golf do a hybrid bag on their website & Amazon.
Looks a nice bit of kit for the money.
I'm tempted to get one.
Wouldn't touch MacGregor. I got their hybrid bag a few years back and it had a number of defects, ended up sending it back under warranty. Zips broke off, stitching came undone, etc. Poor quality.

sunshine

Visit site
I have a big max aqua fully waterproof hybrid bag.

It fits well on any trolley, the stand mechanism is internal and there is a slot in the base so it fits on any brand trolley base without twisting. It's a simple but clever design, what you would expect from germanic engineering.
At the top of the bag, the hinges on the leg mechanism are located a few inches lower than normal, this means that they don't interfere with the trolley top strap and cradle. The downside to this is that the legs are a little shorter than a standard carry bag which makes it less stable.
It has more pockets than most waterproof carry bags, which is a big plus for me, but that makes it marginally heavier.

Overall, I'd say it's ideal for someone who mainly uses a trolley but carries from time to time. I wouldn't get one if you carry all the time.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Having had sta-dry, h2no’s and aquaflex motocaddy bags I’ll go as far to say it would take a lot to sway me from a motocaddy bag.

Just wish they’d be a bit more creative in the colour ways

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having had sta-dry, h2no’s and aquaflex motocaddy bags I’ll go as far to say it would take a lot to sway me from a motocaddy bag.

Just wish they’d be a bit more creative in the colour ways
That's fair. Is it still grey with blue trim, grey with red trim or grey with lime trim? 😂