SkyCaddie users...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It's a sign!!!! MY Garmin G8 is playing up and not automatically scrolling from hole to hole anymore. If it carries on misbehaving I'm biting the bullet and getting the new SC. Looks a fantastic bit of kit

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I finally received my SX500 last week, almost a month late after SkyCaddie did their usual trick of opening up pre orders earlier than they could cope with and not meeting the promised delivery date.
That said, this is a fantastic piece of kit. It’s quick, the screen is big, bright and easy to read and it’s intuitive to operate. The battery seems to be very high capacity, only using 20% after one round.
The Wi-fi operation to sync and update is really good and as far as I can see eradicates the need to connect to a computer.
Even the scoring card option, which is something I have ignored in the past with other units, is easy to use and allows for stats like number of putts, FIR etc to be added quickly and easily. All this is added to your Golf 360 account when synced via Wi-fi. Oddly it seems to already know your GIR figure which is spooky, even discounting puttable ones on the fringe.
Having used this for two rounds now I have to say I am delighted with it and would thoroughly recommend it. The SX500 has brought GPS units right up to date and makes other units look out dated tbh.
Mine came with a free Skycaddie mount (I bought from Hotgolf). However it all looked a bit intrusive and a little blingy on the trolley so I just slipped the unit into my back pocket which works perfectly, so personally I wouldn’t bother with a belt clip.