Show us your's

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
After reading a few posts and seeing various peoples clubs I thought it would be good to create a thread showing your course and favorite hole and any reasons for it.

tandragee golf club

With the first, 16'th and 18 all brilliant holes.

I am just a new menber but I am impressed with the Pro and assistant pro (both ladies), everyone I have met have been very nice plesent people. Alltogether nice people and a great club which is in good condition.

Only slight drawback is the bloomin hills - its quite hilly and you need to position balls for good consistancy. Currently I am lucky to get a ball to go the right direction nevermind the need to position them. :D

benny

Head Pro
Visit site
South Cliff Golf Club in Scarborough is my track. www.southcliffgolfclub.com
Favourite holes are the first (which is a shame cos i have to play it first) and the 15th. 15 is called The Draw - Alister McKenzie of Augusta designed our course and this and 16 are the most Augusta like holes here, sloping right away to the left. The tee shot as you can imagine calls for a draw so its funny how many wild slices happen on this tee right onto the practise ground. Or you can be a Jock and hit over the trees - try doing that and keeping a straight face - most rewarding or punishing tee shot on the course and a great feat of McKenzie design.

Good call for a post by the way.

D

Deleted member 1147

My club is Ashbourne Golf Club in Derbyshire. http://www.ashbournegolfclub.co.uk/

My fav' hole is the 15th.

Par 5 over 500yds with a LtoR dogleg around a small quarry just short of the green. It takes a good drive to get in range of the green in 2, and if you go for the green in 2 it's straight over the rough stuff. It's well bunkered aswell!

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Some nice looking courses.

It must be hard to get the pictures to look like the real thing - I know the pics on my home course really do not do it justice. They just dont show length, slopes or the millions of hights and hollows that can cause you trouble.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Gill
Looks like a great club. Only once visited Derbyshire and liked it a lot.

i'm at
http://www.woodlands-golf.com/golf_at_woodlands-8.html

The course (under redevelopment) is coming along nicely (18 more holes this June)but it's mainly pay and play, so there are a few drawbacks (that's the polite version!)
Until today my least favourite hole was fourth - drive to lay up before bunkers then sharp dog-leg left and still two good shots for me to get to the green which has water 3 sides. Parred it today, so now I am loving it!

AliB

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I love courses with water.

Once went with a society (many years ago) to a course with about 7 holes involving water. My sides were hurting at the end as so many balls were lost at some of these holes.

D

Deleted member 1147

Cheers Ali, unfortunately the photos don't really do it justice, a rather dry summer I think!

Woodlands looks nice (and relaxed) plenty of water for those Pro Vs!!!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The link to my current course is in my signature. Personal favourites are the 7th over brook and the 17th with Stoke Rochford Hall alongside.

My favourite views, however, are on my old course at Rutland Water (still go there at least once a month). This is the 11th Hole par 4 dog leg with great views over the sailing clubs

ebayandGC001.jpg

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
My course is
www.thebgcmembers.co.uk
There are not many photos of the course on there yet as it's still in the development stage but still thing you can look at.
My favorite holes are red 4 uphill par 5 and yellow 6 par 4 (we have 3 lots of 9 holes, red, yellow and blue though the blues are usually under water when it rains :()

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good idea KenA I have played your course a number of times over the years a really enjoyed. Would be a good spot for another Irish meet.
www.massereene.com
My fav hole is the par 3 3rd as I've had a couple of 1's at it. It's a fairly easy hole but as like many you can rack up a double on it.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can confirm this, having played Brechin a couple of times. The last time was just before/after the Club Championship I believe and the greens were lightening fast with the pins in almost impossible places.
Thoroughly enjoyed it.