Should courses ban adizero

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
To add my mate wears these and they are basically a normal trainer modified... Should these be banned?

I have a pair of them Davey, very very light and extremely comfortable in summer, only get used at the range in winter although they claim to be waterproof im in no rush to find out of they are! Yep they look like trainers, which means with shorts they look better than 99% of other golf shoes do - nothing worse than khaki shorts, white socks and traditional black golf shoes lol

anthony

Medal Winner
Visit site
Adi-zeros are not even modelled on trainers they are from the adidas football boots the f50 which come in three styles one being the zeros. and they are very comfortable and offer great support as the stick the feet

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have got Adidas Samba golf shoes. I thought that it was a natural thing to buy when they came out. I have always used Adidas footie boots, World cup-studded boots, copa mondial-moulded boots and samba for playing indoor or on concrete. Not to be argumentative but if I turned up at a place and someone tried stopping me from teeing off then I would just carry on and tee off. Yes I am wearing Adidas Samba but they are golf shoes not trainers so what is the problem?

T

thecraw

I have got Adidas Samba golf shoes. I thought that it was a natural thing to buy when they came out. I have always used Adidas footie boots, World cup-studded boots, copa mondial-moulded boots and samba for playing indoor or on concrete. Not to be argumentative but if I turned up at a place and someone tried stopping me from teeing off then I would just carry on and tee off. Yes I am wearing Adidas Samba but they are golf shoes not trainers so what is the problem?

My hero mate and if it was the Club Captain I'd still refuse to give him the tee in my snazy Adidas trainer type golf shoes. He can wait his turn like everyone else and marvel at my golf boots!

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
My hero mate and if it was the Club Captain I'd still refuse to give him the tee in my snazy Adidas trainer type golf shoes. He can wait his turn like everyone else and marvel at my golf boots!

Had a few look and pass comment on them this year and that was wearing the black ones. God only knows what tehy will think when i turn up in some of these snazzy versions.

samba1.jpgsamba2.jpg

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Golf clubs are in the unique position of having some control of their own borders and they do not have to accept anything that they feel break their dress codes, just because companies make shoes it doesn't mean that clubs have to allow them on the course. regardless of how much people think time has moved on.

Whilst what you say is true, look at the current touring pros and all the youngsters wear more sport like outfits. Clubs can be as stubborn as they want, but if they want numbers to join up then they should embrace new trends.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Think the arguement that clubs should relax their rules to increase income has worn a little thin... If relaxing the dress code still doesn't do the trick what do you suggest next... Allow in all the local low lifes and toe rags... After all its only about increasing income isn't it?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Relaxing rules to allow what are essentially golfing shoes is hardly along the lines of letting low life's in. Although your response and attitude is exactly what would keep people off the course in the first place.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Most of the ladies section complained as they are old. The women in question is about 30 a size 6/8 and breasts the size of melons false of course. She should of spent the breast money on her face shame really. I would look at her twice then

I bet they never actually had the guts to broach the subject with the lady involved though.
Just a sneaky, cowardly behind the scenes/back complaint. Seems a rather British and Female style to me. I've no respect for folk who do that. Far better, imo, to confront issues directly. The sneaky style seems to happen on forums quite a bit too apparently! :angry:

Last edited:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Saw a pair of these at DG this afternoon. Guess what? They look like golf shoes. Might as well ban footjoy sport, etc. not even close to looking like sneakers. Quite conservative really. Boring, almost.

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Where courses have a no trainer rule should they consider banning the latest shoes from Adidas? The Adizero clearly is just a trainer, should golfers be allowed to wear them?
you can wear them on the course as they are classed as a golf shoe BUT not in the clubhouse,just ban all golf shoes in the clubhouse then no excuse.

Sybez

Challenge Tour Pro
www.digitalberry.co.uk
I agree with the above post, saw them in the pro shop today (a 50+ guy was even trying them on) and they look like a modern golf shoe, certainly compared to the things Tiger has on his hoofs!