Should courses ban adizero

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I think things have changed, mainly from the same way that they always do: Those who tend to hold outdated views tend to be old, and old people eventually.... you know.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
No it's not. What a poor post from somebody who should know better.

Read the thread instead of jumping to conclusions.

Ok let me break it down into bite sized chunks for you

The thread is entitled “should courses ban Adizero”

This 7 year old thread was about a particular shoe that was causing damage to greens

The thread morphed into a more general discussion about golf clothing and attitudes, I get that

You want a debate about current attitudes to clothes / club rules about dress codes etc. And have those attitudes changed over the past few years? I get that

The point I am trying to make is that the thread title is hugely different from the subject you want to discuss, people will look at the title and move on as the shoe itself is history,

Far better to start a brand new thread in my opinion, but if you want to continue then crack on

The other issue is people won’t realise that it is an old thread, they will reply to 7 year old posts like they were written 5 minutes ago, tell me I’m wrong

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I never said I dislike them and I never have said that. As it happens they are not my idea of a golf shoe but if people wear them get on with it. My thoughts are purely with the golf clubs that do have rigid policies on attire and there are some out there that still have these. Our club allows jeans and trainers in the clubhouse and worse. it doesn't bother me. I have asked a simple question and as usual the blood boils in certain individuals and they cannot help but rush to the defense of all things modern waving the flag of advancement at all costs and trampling on tradition.
I get what you’re saying, but I don’t think the golf shoe policy at clubs is rigid. As someone has already posted, most websites just say “golf shoes are always required” so with the vast array of shoes available now, the old school brogues, to the spiked trainer look, to the spikeless trainer look, I would say the shoe policy is quite the opposite of rigid.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
The original post has nothing about any potential damage to the course. It's about whether or not some clubs will allow them or not as apparently 'The Adizero clearly is just a trainer'.

Where courses have a no trainer rule should they consider banning the latest shoes from Adidas? The Adizero clearly is just a trainer, should golfers be allowed to wear them?

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site

This 7 year old thread was about a particular shoe that was causing damage to greens

The thread morphed into a more general discussion about golf clothing and attitudes, I get that

You want a debate about current attitudes to clothes / club rules about dress codes etc. And have those attitudes changed over the past few years? I get that

The point I am trying to make is that the thread title is hugely different from the subject you want to discuss, people will look at the title and move on as the shoe itself is history,

Far better to start a brand new thread in my opinion, but if you want to continue then crack on

The other issue is people won’t realise that it is an old thread, they will reply to 7 year old posts like they were written 5 minutes ago, tell me I’m wrong

I read through it and its not about green damage. The OP had a dislike of trainer style shoes .

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Yes, but the point is that now, 7 years on, nobody remembers the Adizero for being a trainer style golf shoe, it is only remembered for leaving craters in greens resulting in calls to ban them.

I’m just concerned that the thread title does not match the content

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
fd6.gif

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That isn't the reason he gave in the first post though. He said they should be banned simply because they looked like trainers. :LOL:

I remember the first golf shoes I had when I was 14, they looked like brogues to be worn to the office, with metal spikes glued on, they were rigid and horribly uncomfortable and sliced my ankles up good and proper. It was only a few years later they started making golf shoes more like trainers (let's say 2002-03 ish?) and they were a god-send. Golf is a sport, no reason why there shouldn't be comfortable, supportive and sporty footwear for it. I think they should be more lenient on sports t-shirts and shorts as well but that's another story.

Wow you must have been rich. My first pair were all rubber slip on with spikes moulded in to the rubber as part the manufacture process.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Wow you must have been rich. My first pair were all rubber slip on with spikes moulded in to the rubber as part the manufacture process.

Oh , God, yes, I'd forgotten them. Sort of a horrible brown colour.
Had to have golf shoes then when you started , of course, and they were what I could afford.
But, ---horrible.

I wonder what would be said now if you turned up in a pair?

sunshine

Visit site

OK let me break it down into bite sized chunks for you.

You made a silly comment.
I suggested you read the thread before making more silly comments.
You didn't read the thread.
Instead you made some more silly comments, in a longer post that made you look more silly.
You've probably read some of the posts now, and realise you look a bit silly.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If you still haven't worked it out, the thread was about golf shoes that look like trainers, and my post was highlighting how much attitudes to golf shoes have changed in 7 years.

Moral of the story? Read the thread before typing patronising comments.

sunshine

Visit site
Anyway...

We think of golf as a sport for fuddy-duddies, but things seem to be moving forward. Imagine the uproar if the Adidas Codechaos or Nike Air Max 270 had been released 7 years ago?

D

Deleted member 1147

Anyway...

We think of golf as a sport for fuddy-duddies, but things seem to be moving forward. Imagine the uproar if the Adidas Codechaos or Nike Air Max 270 had been released 7 years ago?
Imagine wearing Nike trainer style shoes, ankle socks, jogging suit style trousers and a collarless shirt, back in the day ?

The old boys would be having be apoplectic

Visit site
I actually don't give a damn what my PP is wearing on their feet......so long as I'm beating them!
Seriously, folk don't wear these trainer style shoes if they are no bloomin' use. I wear proper cleated golf shoes, and I don't think I will change in the immediate future. I have played some top class courses over the years, and never had anyone question the shoes someone was wearing. Socks yes, though not recently. I DO believe that the majority of golf clubs are slipping slowly into the 21st century.