Should courses ban adizero

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
And heres me thinking clubs are struggling and trying to encourage new members and more people to play the game. Maybe we should ban golf bags next and see who can carry most stuff? Surely back in 1562 they didnt have golf bags either? :mmm:

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
And heres me thinking clubs are struggling and trying to encourage new members and more people to play the game. Maybe we should ban golf bags next and see who can carry most stuff? Surely back in 1562 they didnt have golf bags either? :mmm:

I simply couldn't carry enough balls to finish a round without a bag - even with those cargo pants things

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our club allows jeans and trainers in the clubhouse and worse. it doesn't bother me. I have asked a simple question and as usual the blood boils in certain individuals and they cannot help but rush to the defense of all things modern waving the flag of advancement at all costs and trampling on tradition.

it's a pointless debate really, the clubs will do want the members want/vote for.

If the consensus is trainer style golf shoes & denim in the clubhouse then it will happen. Sounds like it is at your place.

I'm going past my club in about 45mins, it's closed but the bar is open, I could pop in for a coffee with my Mrs, but I won't be allowed as I'm wearing denim jeans :eek:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Having just come back from American Golf with a pair of the white/ yellow ones in my hand, I sincerely hope not.

These shoes are incredibly light and comfortable to put on. There is a second insole with a different support option but most importantly, they are most definitely not trainers. I agree they resemble trainers to look at, but then so do many other brands of golf shoe, that perspective is not limited to Adidas.

The brightness may cause people to liken them to trainers or football boots, again, so do other brands such as Puma, and as for some of the MyJoy creations I've seen, these are quite tame. If they only bought out the plainer black and/ or white versions, I don't think these will be being picked on quite so much

The sole on these shoes is nothing like a trainer, if you take the cleats out, you wouldn't want to be wearing them around town with your jeans.

The fact is, golf is a sport, and it is not wrong for sports companies to try and improve individual personal performance by improving and changing technology and design. Until I wear them on the course and play in them, I've no idea whether they will be any better than previous Adidas shoes I've had, or index Nike, FJ and Ecco shoes I've had. That i'll just have to wait and see.

If you do t like the design, the feel or the colour, don't buy them, but they clearly are a shoe made for playing golf in, therefore should not be banned.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Interesting that most caddies wear trainers?

On Tour, it's a requirement - to avoid damage to greens! Many wear waterproof ones - e.g. Asics Goretex - which could be the preferred style at The Farmers tonight!

As for normal clubs. I believe the 'policy' should be that any gear sold, as Golf gear, in their, or in most, Pro/Golf shops should be allowed on the course or wherever 'golf gear' is allowed.

I don't really see what the fuss is about 'trainer style' golf shoes. These are quite normal in other countries. I picked up a pair in NZ almost 20 years ago!

Last edited:

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I had a look at a pair of these today and they are not as bad as they look, I certainly wouldn't wear them myself and the spikes look like they could rip off very easy.

As for wearing them on the course I don't see the problem... The pros will be wearing them at Augusta (Masters) so I can't see how our little clubs can say they are not up to standards.

Stop being GIRLS and worry about your game and not what someone is wearing on there feet!!!

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
To add my mate wears these and they are basically a normal trainer modified... Should these be banned?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 24

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
not a fan of them myself and I never liked Adidas footy boots either as they always felt like they would split in an instant plus always came up too narrow.

On the subject of banning. Golf clothing in general is more sport & performance related now than ever.

I agree if bought as designed/made for golf clothing/footwear should be allowed regardless of the clubs antiquated pantsness! How many old farts wearing faded chino's, bobbled jumpers and shoes that are ready for the bin, pulling a threadbare bag with a mish mash of crappy old clubs and using pickups week in week out are quick to moan at the attire of the more trendy/modern golfer? Loads I bet... stuff em :D (apologies to anyone who resembles the last bit, you have my sympathies)

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Some clubs will probably try to ban them and my response would be I bought them in a golf shop so they are golf shoes so stick it. A women at our club wears really short skirts and the committee wrote a letter to her to say that they have had complaints. What they didn't know was she had bought them from the pro shop and so they had to say sorry. Shame that even though she has a body from bay watch her face should be on crime watch.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
A women at our club wears really short skirts and the committee wrote a letter to her to say that they have had complaints. What they didn't know was she had bought them from the pro shop and so they had to say sorry.

I wouldn't have complained :mad::mad::mad:

Back to the shoes.... if they are made for golf then they are golf shoes - simples :thup:

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Someone complained about a women wearing short skirts? Who was it Graham Norton?

Most of the ladies section complained as they are old. The women in question is about 30 a size 6/8 and breasts the size of melons false of course. She should of spent the breast money on her face shame really. I would look at her twice then

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Most of the ladies section complained as they are old. The women in question is about 30 a size 6/8 and breasts the size of melons false of course. She should of spent the breast money on her face shame really. I would look at her twice then

Beauty is only a light switch away.......

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
How many old farts wearing faded chino's, bobbled jumpers and shoes that are ready for the bin, pulling a threadbare bag with a mish mash of crappy old clubs and using pickups week in week out are quick to moan at the attire of the more trendy/modern golfer?

Oi - I never moan (and always push my bag too!) :whistle:

I could add that the jumpers are the fault of those on here (and ebay....) but that would be shallow :) and it's not my fault my clubs are so many models old already.