Sergio was at it again.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
im struggling to see whats so bad, he whacked his club on to the ground, i have seen this happen 100s of times over the years, its a frustrating game.
Is there a similar thread about Stenson? He likes a club smash too.
Sergio has a reputation for needlessly damaging courses, its pretty funny in all honesty just because he looks like such a bellend. Everytime he damages the course in anger he should have to make a healthy donation to a charity of the tours choice in my opinion

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
im struggling to see whats so bad, he whacked his club on to the ground, i have seen this happen 100s of times over the years, its a frustrating game.
Is there a similar thread about Stenson? He likes a club smash too.
Damaging your own property, be that snapping it or launching it in a lake is far less petulant than damaging the course.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Sergio has a reputation for needlessly damaging courses, its pretty funny in all honesty just because he looks like such a bellend. Everytime he damages the course in anger he should have to make a healthy donation to a charity of the tours choice in my opinion

What size donation would make a multi millionaire golfer stop doing it?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I'm not making an excuse for him, but I reckon maybe something isn't quite right at home. He's always been fiery, but over the last year that seems to have escalated. Considering he's mostly been able to control his temper through his career other than the odd outburst, it seems a bit odd that he is letting everything else out now...

Just a guess :)

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm not making an excuse for him, but I reckon maybe something isn't quite right at home. He's always been fiery, but over the last year that seems to have escalated. Considering he's mostly been able to control his temper through his career other than the odd outburst, it seems a bit odd that he is letting everything else out now...

Just a guess :)

Before I read your post I was reading the others saying he should have sanctions, he’s a knob, it’s unacceptable etc. And I just thought, maybe someone should just sit down with him (a la Robin Williams and Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting) and look him in the eye and ask if he’s alright.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Seems to be a growing feeling amongst his fellow professional golfers that a ban is long overdue.

This is a guy who was deliberately damaging greens a few months ago!!? Seriously is there a loose connection up top?

You'd be chucked out of your home club for that and very likely on the "poop" list of every other club in your county who would be watching for you application to ensure you don't sneak in their.

Winning his first major should have been a stepping stone, a monkey of his back. Sadly it's turned him into a bigger petulant kid than the young Sergio who took his shoe off and hurled it away in a tantrum all those years back.

Grow up Sergio for your own sake and that of your family, sadly though I believe your reputation is tarnished too much now.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Before I read your post I was reading the others saying he should have sanctions, he’s a knob, it’s unacceptable etc. And I just thought, maybe someone should just sit down with him (a la Robin Williams and Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting) and look him in the eye and ask if he’s alright.
Don’t most top players have a psychologist as part of their “team”.
If my missus seen me doing things like that I would not need one.
What’s his caddy doing in these situations.

I would make him don the green keepers overalls and fix the damage he has done the day after the tournament has ended, no jetting off to the next course to abuse.
Ban him from the next tournament so he has time to reflect, and fix the one he’s just damaged.
It prob would only take minutes to fix but it’s symbolic.
But can’t see it anytime soon.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Good to see GM making a stand with a full page Adidas ad on page 9 of the August edition featuring the bad boy himself🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Yet again another farcical statement. The advertising campaign and shots were no doubt filmed in advance and GM and Adidas will have discussed when the adverts were being run so this was all set in stone long before these antics. GM aren't going to bite the hand that feeds them and if anything it is Adidas that would need to cut ties with Garcia because of his behaviour