Self policing- what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Fergus and Jeremy usually play together but can’t at the present time as they do not share the same house. They book tee times after each other and tee off as singles, 10 minutes apart. On the 2nd hole, Jeremy catches up with Fergus and they play the rest of the round together.
What do you do? Ignore it- they aren’t hurting anyone? Report it- selfish people like them will spoil it for the rest and get courses closed again? Or, are you planning on doing the same?

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Won't happen
I'm an adult
Capable of adhering to a basic rule, or guideline
Besides......
Clubs will have rangers to govern this exact scenario for the weak minded, weak willed, ignorant fool that can't just be happy that the course is finally open, but still wants to push limits

I'm in no hurry to play solo golf
I will just be happy if range, or practice area available again now

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Whilst not wanting to be called a snitch, although it's inevitable, I think they have to be reported.
If the rules state singles or family only then that's how it should be.
If one pair break the rule more will try it and before you know it half the course has 2 balls on it...
If that happens up and down the country there is a chance that our relaxation will be revoked and courses closed again.
I would hope courses are wise to this possibility and will have marshalling
Offenders warned first time and suspended after that.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Its a bit of a tough one, if they are seen to be staying apart and being sensible common sense says leave them to it. However, not reporting it could lead to "those few" who are wreckless and potentially ruin things for the rest of us.

EGU are hopefully going to release guidance a little more specific today.

Chico84

Visit site
As already stated, the guidance is a mess. The ambiguity and ‘loopholes’ leave it open to exploitation. EGU need to provide more specific guidance and clubs need to police it appropriately. The outcome is the important thing - protect the health of everyone.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As already stated, the guidance is a mess. The ambiguity and ‘loopholes’ leave it open to exploitation. EGU need to provide more specific guidance and clubs need to police it appropriately. The outcome is the important thing - protect the health of everyone.
It’s not just the golf guidance. This week we can drive to parks and the beach, but how far is this meant to be? I heard that you should stay local- again, not the clearest guidance

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wouldn't report becsuse of the guidance that will come out later .. raab I think it was said this today

People in England can meet up with others outside their household in the outdoors as long as they stay 2m apart, the government has confirmed.

They are publishing a 50 page document later today

I think golf will be back.

Last edited:

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
I wouldn't report but of the guidance that will come out later .. raab I think it was said this today

People in England can meet up with others outside their household in the outdoors as long as they stay 2m apart, the government has confirmed.

They are publishing a 50 page document later today

I think golf will be back.

Have to agree, the "journalists" were saying odd stuff last night that BJ didn't say.

You would hope they have already seen the document and jumped the gun. Not helping matters, but great none the less if true!

Chico84

Visit site
It’s not just the golf guidance. This week we can drive to parks and the beach, but how far is this meant to be? I heard that you should stay local- again, not the clearest guidance

I meant the guidance from government in general. They’ve left it so vague that individual governing bodies need to interpret and specify it for their own needs. I won’t go into the rationale of it on here...

Diamond

Visit site
The reporter on the beeb said there is a 50 page document that has to be presented to the house of commons today. We were all expecting a detailed road map from BoJo and instead we got a pep talk.

Last edited by a moderator:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

From the briefing this afternoon it is unlimited distance in England but you cannot drive in to Scotland or Wales.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
As I said on another thread- contradictory guidelines in the briefing this afternoon

You may meet with one person from outside of your own household.

You can only play sport with people from your same household
Thought England Golf or what ever changed that to any person in a 2 ball social distancing

And a possibility of 3 maybe 4ball with family or something

Status
Not open for further replies.