Scottish Fitba'

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Both of them did very well as did Jack Hendry who was terrible at Celtic but is turning into a decent player.

Great achievement for Clarke after getting embarrassed in Dublin. He's doing a very good job.

Celtic jersey was too big for him, he looked weighed down with expectation. Glad to see him come good.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Superb battling result by Scotland B, and for a first international cap Ryan Porteous was immense. £80m or whatever for (yer havin’ a laugh) McGuire…how much Porteous?

And so…Scotland are currently top dog across the UK and the Republic with a strength-in-depth that just a couple of years ago would beggar the belief of even the most positive of Scotland supporters, yet it seems to be true ????????

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Superb battling result by Scotland B, and for a first international cap Ryan Porteous was immense. £80m or whatever for (yer havin’ a laugh) McGuire…how much Porteous?

And so…Scotland are currently top dog across the UK and the Republic with a strength-in-depth that just a couple of years ago would beggar the belief of even the most positive of Scotland supporters, yet it seems to be true ????????

Since when did the Euro Nations league decide that lol. See you at the world cup........................................

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Don't kid yourself! England are a far better team than Scotland and since Wales recently defeated the team that knocked out Scotland then you could say they are too.

Long may Scotland's good results continue though.?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Don't kid yourself! England are a far better team than Scotland and since Wales recently defeated the team that knocked out Scotland then you could say they are too.

I’m not kidding myself…I know the lie of the land…that’s why I said currently with my fingers crossed behind my back and knowing that that ‘spinning the truth’ is simply based upon the last half doz or so matches the nations have played…??????????????? When a couple of Scotland’s neighbours kick off their WC matches the ‘truth’ and pain will hurt…a bit.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site

I'd say that's very questionable on current form. Our last game was a draw, away from home, against an england team that were much better than now.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Given things last season, and even so far this season, every win for St J is a great win - so doings the Arabs at Tannadice yesterday was great.

Thing that got me watching last night as that i hardly knew the team. Of the 14 who played yesterday only two were in the Double-winning squad of two seasons back, and only a further four were with StJ last season. Almost a completely new team, but one that looks that it could develop into something quite useful

Feels a bit like Scotland…and Scotland seems to have worked out how to get results…most of the time. Glass half full time for both my wee team ?? and the National ?????????????? team.

….and I’ll add…what a great game all round from our Stevie May…one great goal; one assist; one long ranger off the crossbar, and a headed goal line clearance.?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I do fear for Rangers in their match against Liverpool tomorrow evening. And without meaning to be disrespectful I think the best outcome for them will anything that is not an embarrassment. Maybe the Bears on here can give me a more optimistic view…

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I do fear for Rangers in their match against Liverpool tomorrow evening. And without meaning to be disrespectful I think the best outcome for them will anything that is not an embarrassment. Maybe the Bears on here can give me a more optimistic view…

If they are well organised and disciplined they might get something out of the game as Liverpool are currently struggling at the moment for their standards.
You've got to remember the Champions league is a massive step up in quality, even Napoli are top of the Italian league.
Liverpool bring quality all over the park and in my opinion are still in the top 5 teams in the world, anything would be a bonus.
At the end of the day it's 11 vs 11 and anything can happen.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
If they are well organised and disciplined they might get something out of the game as Liverpool are currently struggling at the moment for their standards.
You've got to remember the Champions league is a massive step up in quality, even Napoli are top of the Italian league.
Liverpool bring quality all over the park and in my opinion are still in the top 5 teams in the world, anything would be a bonus.
At the end of the day it's 11 vs 11 and anything can happen.
I think your final sentence is the most optimistic thing that can be said..but for the reputation of Scottish football, especially given that Liverpool are currently not firing on all cylinders, I’m keeping my fingers crossed. And hopefully everyone behaves themselves.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think your final sentence is the most optimistic thing that can be said..but for the reputation of Scottish football, especially given that Liverpool are currently not firing on all cylinders, I’m keeping my fingers crossed. And hopefully everyone behaves themselves.
TBH, I think Rangers did better against Napoli than Liverpool did, considering they only had 10 men in the 2nd half.
A draw would be a great result, but you never can tell.:p.Fingers crossed.C'est La Vie.

Last edited: