Scottish Fitba'

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
based on what? thought you refused to watch them on principle?
I don't remember saying I didn't watch them on principle!
Moving on, given that Rangers took care of RBL a few months ago and I didn't think shaktar would be that great, I thought Celtic would be good enough. Look how well they started the league.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Well as much as the result is humiliating for Rangers, it is also disappointing for this fan and many other fans of Scottish football outside of the OF. That said my disappointment is not deep, limited by the despicable antics of a thuggish few, antics that might well shame the club but I suggest do not surprise many outside of it ?

Last edited:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Liverpool were far superior and easy winners.The 1st half was pretty even, but the game changed when Rangers lost Goldston and Jack.
Rangers defence has been really poor for years:cry:.
We'll probably meet you ( Celtic)in the Eurovision song contest. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Did you actually watch the game ?
Highlights…and radio commentators post-match observations.

First half looked positive and very well worked goal.

And why I really actually do always want the OF to do well in Europe is perfectly illustrated by some of the comments about Scottish football in the Footie thread - comments that others will no doubt agree with though they don’t say as much. It’s frustrating and a bit dispiriting.

The OF are, in an incontrovertible truth, the best opportunity there is to show the wider world that Scottish football isn’t as rubbish as many think.

Last edited:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Highlights…and radio commentators post-match observations.

First half looked positive and very well worked goal.

And why I really actually do always want the OF to do well in Europe is perfectly illustrated by some of the comments about Scottish football in the Footie thread - comments that others will no doubt agree with though they don’t say as much. It’s frustrating and a bit dispiriting.

The OF are, in an incontrovertible truth, the best opportunity there is to show the wider world that Scottish football isn’t as rubbish as many think.
The truth is the money Scottish football gets from TV isn't enough to compete at a decent level and get top-notch players. Top players don't want to be playing on artificial pitches every other week.
When we do get a decent player, they usually get hacked down, and injured by some knuckle dragger.
Then sold ASAP for a profit.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The truth is the money Scottish football gets from TV isn't enough to compete at a decent level and get top-notch players. Top players don't want to be playing on artificial pitches every other week.
When we do get a decent player, they usually get hacked down, and injured by some knuckle dragger.
Then sold ASAP for a profit.
True…true ☹️

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
As much as fans of the OF seem obsessed by the records they set I am guessing that the record set yesterday evening by Rangers is not one that their fans will be crowing about, though I suspect out the east end of city it might be viewed differently.

Of course there is part of me that would find me splitting my sides laughing…but given how it reflects on Scottish football I’m not laughing.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As much as fans of the OF seem obsessed by the records they set I am guessing that the record set yesterday evening by Rangers is not one that their fans will be crowing about, though I suspect out the east end of city it might be viewed differently.

Of course there is part of me that would find me splitting my sides laughing…but given how it reflects on Scottish football I’m not laughing.

Always barbed! Why bother saying anything at all?
Yes, Rangers set a new record low but look what they were up against. The team in 3rd in our group spent 100 000 000 euros on players in the summer. Absolutely no chance.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes, Rangers set a new record low but look what they were up against. The team in 3rd in our group spent 100 000 000 euros on players in the summer. Absolutely no chance.
Yes it may well be barbed - after all we supporters of 'diddy' teams endure it all the time, and I have endured it since I started supporting a 'diddy' team and living in Glasgow. But please...take that barb as it is given - with a big tinge of disappointment that the results for Rangers have been so.

And yes - I very much get what Rangers and Celtic are up against in Europe in respect of inequality of player budgets...

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Slightly misleading ….

Ajax may have spent £94m on 15 players in the summer, but they sold 17 players for a total of £194m!!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Money is only one of the reasons that Scotland can't compete in European or Nationwide football.
Personally, I think the coaching system must be the problem.
The 2 top Scottish teams in Europe this season. Celtic - 11, goals scored 4, total 2 points, Rangers - 20, goals scored 2, zero points.:cry: