Scottish Fitba'

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No, he got treated terribly at Celtic in my opinion.

Please explain!

He lost his place due to a number of high profile mistakes. Celtic brought Fraser Forster in on loan. His contract ran out. He was offered a new contract but chose to leave as he wanted to be first choice and he wasn't going to get that guarantee at Celtic.

Exactly how was he treated terribly?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Please explain!

He lost his place due to a number of high profile mistakes. Celtic brought Fraser Forster in on loan. His contract ran out. He was offered a new contract but chose to leave as he wanted to be first choice and he wasn't going to get that guarantee at Celtic.

Exactly how was he treated terribly?

The reports in the paper were that he was offered a very poor deal. Was that not the case?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The reports in the paper were that he was offered a very poor deal. Was that not the case?

Define 'very poor'.

I've no idea what wages he was offered, but given that he had only played a handful a games the previous season before he lost his first team place, and was 37, I'd be surprised if he was offered the same terms he was on when he was a first team regular.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Keeping my expectations of Scotland success this evening at its historic low…can’t take looking forward to bright new days - it was being in Ally‘s Army wot done it for me…??

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Never been happier to be wrong.

Hickey was immense up and down that right hand side. Porteous, despite my initial misgivings, had a very decent debut.

A good result for a massively depleted side.

Both of them did very well as did Jack Hendry who was terrible at Celtic but is turning into a decent player.

Great achievement for Clarke after getting embarrassed in Dublin. He's doing a very good job.