Scottish Fitba'

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've asked my pal again. Why would St.Mirren fans have a "deep hatred" of the monarchy?

What does it have to do with being a St Mirren fan? Many people in Scotland (regardless of who they support) have no love for the monarchy and see them as a financial burden on the country. You may have seen what Dundee Utd and Hibs fans thought, why would a section of St Mirren fans be different?

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well that’s interesting - a contest in which set of fans can show they have zero class and respect. Thought the Celtic fans had it in the bag tbh with their actions over the last week or so - the lack of condemnation is interesting as well

A section of Celtic fans have done nothing but embarrass our club. It's shocking and doesn't reflect my views as a Celtic fan.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What does it have to do with being a St Mirren fan? Many people in Scotland (regardless of who they support) have no love for the monarchy and see them as a financial burden on the country. You may have seen what Dundee Utd and Hibs fans thought, why would a section of St Mirren fans be different?
Eh, because my pal described the behaviour of the CELTIC fans as a disgrace.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Eh, because my pal described the behaviour of the CELTIC fans as a disgrace.

What you said was why would St Mirren fans have deep hatred for the Queen so I answered. What does it have to do with being a St Mirren fan?

Why does it have to be mutual exclusive for it to be Celtic fans who dislike the monarchy?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What you said was why would St Mirren fans have deep hatred for the Queen so I answered. What does it have to do with being a St Mirren fan?

Why does it have to be mutual exclusive for it to be Celtic fans who dislike the monarchy?
I'm sure there are fans of all clubs who dislike the monarchy (Rangers fans included) but some Celtic fans are going out of their way...

D

Deleted member 15344

Probably, doesn't make it any worse though. Some of the chants at many games, even in England has been disgusting

Yep - there have been too many instances where the minority have stained their club with their actions during a minutes silence

No other sport has had any issues , fans all over the world have been able to show respect for 60 seconds but not some football fans

When the games were called off last weekend people threw their toys about - well the last week has showed why it was right to call some games off

As you well know rugby fans are just as passionate about their teams but they can also act like respectful human beings - football fans can learn a lot from them

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My pal just got back to me. He was late for kick off but his brother said all the ST. Mirren fans were clapping and not disrespecting the RF.

Must be right then, I guess the 2 videos sent to me from the St Mirrwn end were of Celtic fans on the wrong end wearing St Mirren scarfs

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Cracking result. And worried about no decent right back and two top left backs…step up Aaron Hickey in for Nathan Patterson…now got two of each ?????????

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Great result.
I was worried about the CB pairing but both had such a good game that Craig Gordon could have brought a deck chair.
Hickey is double footed and can comfortably play right or left back.
Paterson was not covering their speedy winger very well at the start of the game, when Hickey came on he cut him out of the game.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No condemnation of the Tartan Army booing during the minute's silence? Funny that....
I was not aware of a minute's silence; it was supposed to be a minute's applause.
There were a few boos at the start of the clapping but were quickly overwhelmed by the clapping.
I have no doubt that it would probably have been the same at other football grounds in other parts gf the UK.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I was not aware of a minute's silence; it was supposed to be a minute's applause.
There were a few boos at the start of the clapping but were quickly overwhelmed by the clapping.
I have no doubt that it would probably have been the same at other football grounds in other parts gf the UK.

Sorry, my typo, it was a minute's applause. it was muted on tv, but speaking to a few guys who were there, the booing was pretty loud, there were also loads who simply didn't take part in the clapping

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sorry, my typo, it was a minute's applause. it was muted on tv, but speaking to a few guys who were there, the booing was pretty loud, there were also loads who simply didn't take part in the clapping

The non-clappers probably had a pie or coffee in one hand and their phone in the other.
I did not think the clapping was compulsory. :(