Scottish Fitba'

D

Deleted member 15344

Always liked Steve Clarke after he worked with Kenny and did really well - glad to see he is doing well with Scotland - would be good to see them in a Finals

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
? That’s confused me
Scotland will be in England's group if we get past Serbia. You just want us to qualify so you can get the three points against us.
The Czech manager (think it was actually the assistant manager) said the same thing to Clark after the final whistle on Wednesday. He said he hopes we qualify. The Czechs are in the same as England. Seeing as they played us off the park I think they just want the three points off us.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Scotland will be in England's group if we get past Serbia. You just want us to qualify so you can get the three points against us.
The Czech manager (think it was actually the assistant manager) said the same thing to Clark after the final whistle on Wednesday. He said he hopes we qualify. The Czechs are in the same as England. Seeing as they played us off the park I think they just want the three points off us.

That's a bit of an assumption that Scotland are a walkover or that anyone would think they were.

Yes, England would be favourites but just like against Czech Republic anything can happen.

D

Deleted member 15344

Would be good to see an England Scotland match and certainly wouldn’t see it as any guarantees that England win

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
That's a bit of an assumption that Scotland are a walkover or that anyone would think they were.

Yes, England would be favourites but just like against Czech Republic anything can happen.

Did you see the game against the Czech Republic? We were absolutely pummeled in the second half, and could hardly get a touch of the ball.

Either way it was a joke. Did you not see my laughing face?

I'm acutely aware of our deficiencies and know our standing in world football

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did you see the game against the Czech Republic? We were absolutely pummeled in the second half, and could hardly get a touch of the ball.

Either way it was a joke. Did you not see my laughing face?

I'm acutely aware of our deficiencies and know our standing in world football
O' Ye of little faith Drew :whistle:, I'm slightly optimistic there has been a small improvement in play, so I like to think it's glass half full .:p

Last edited:

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
O' Ye of little faith Drew :whistle:, I'm slightly optimistic there has been a small improvement in play, so I like to think it's glass half full .:p
I know. We've seen this story so many times. Funnily enough I'm not nervous in the slightest. Not sure if that's a good thing ?.
Do agree the improvement is there to see. Although it was backs against the wall on Wednesday we did create some chances. Just hope we've not used up all of our luck in that one game.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know. We've seen this story so many times. Funnily enough I'm not nervous in the slightest. Not sure if that's a good thing ?.
Do agree the improvement is there to see. Although it was backs against the wall on Wednesday we did create some chances. Just hope we've not used up all of our luck in that one game.
Shame on you Drew :p , think 1967 England v Scotland , Jim Baxter & co :love:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Even Andy Haliday managed a decent finish in that game...

Two cracking goals by Steven Kingsley as well.
I had to Wikki him and see that he has played 10 years at Falkirk, Swansea and Hull during that time he scored 2 goals.:unsure:
22 shots by the Jambos, 9 on target and six goals...rubs eyes in disbelief.:love:

Good as Adams goal was I thought his shot got a slight deflection. Probably would have still gone in though.

This made me laugh..

Last edited:
U

User62651

Watching old firm game, bit bored tbh, hope 2nd half picks up.
If ever a game needs a crowd it's this one.

4LEX

Visit site
Good win for the Rangers but another day that begs questions about the sense in trying to proceed with football in the current climate.

* St Mirren unable to fulfill their fixture due to the number of COVID infections in their squad. Won't be the last team that happens to I don't imagine.
* Celtic team significantly weakened by the same. That will probably be a common theme for teams as the season progresses.
* Brainless fans gathering outside the stadium before the match. Baring in mind this was an early season derby, can you imagine when it gets to the pinch at the end of the season? Remembering the scenes in Liverpool when they clinched the league - that's what awaits.

Last year's league was tainted by COVID and this season is inevitably going to have an asterisk against it as well.

The landscape in May/June will look very different. I would argue you'd probably have stadiums half full by that point.

COVID is now being treated like an injury, every club will have weeks where 3-4 are out if not more. It's a small price to pay.

Rangers were excellent, had Celtic in their backpocket from the start. Looking at the fixtures, Celtic need some big results in the next few weeks or could find themselves way off the pace. Rangers look a team on a mission and very different to last season.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good win for the Rangers but another day that begs questions about the sense in trying to proceed with football in the current climate.

* St Mirren unable to fulfill their fixture due to the number of COVID infections in their squad. Won't be the last team that happens to I don't imagine.
* Celtic team significantly weakened by the same. That will probably be a common theme for teams as the season progresses.
* Brainless fans gathering outside the stadium before the match. Baring in mind this was an early season derby, can you imagine when it gets to the pinch at the end of the season? Remembering the scenes in Liverpool when they clinched the league - that's what awaits.

Last year's league was tainted by COVID and this season is inevitably going to have an asterisk against it as well.

Some Hearts fans would like to see the leagues pulled now....using last years system Hearts would then be promoted to the Premiership and Dundee relegated to League 1..........;););););):eek::love: