Scottish Fitba'

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
And just wait until Billy Gilmour is fit and strong - running rings round EPL midfields, revved up and raring to take on international midfields. Maybe.

Aye he'll be deployed at left back while Andy Robertson os in midfield and Tierney in the centre half position.

It's like having Craig Levein back.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Absolutely amazed how nobody can seem to strum a tune out of these players. Two exceptional midfielders on the bench yesterday. They may have been injured, who knows?

We have about 7 or 8 players who are holding or could hold their own in the top half of the English premiership and yet we're treated to absolutely abysmal performances.

There just seems to be a lack of desire.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Absolutely amazed how nobody can seem to strum a tune out of these players. Two exceptional midfielders on the bench yesterday. They may have been injured, who knows?

We have about 7 or 8 players who are holding or could hold their own in the top half of the English premiership and yet we're treated to absolutely abysmal performances.

There just seems to be a lack of desire.

What two?

I only saw McGinn and he's good certainly not exceptional.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
McGinn and McGregor are excellent players. For clarity I meant exceptional in terms of what we have in the Scotland team, not world class exceptional.

McGregor geez peace. Most overrated player in the SPL, Celtic will be kicking themselves that they never took Brendan's money for him as nobody will ever offer that sort of money for him again.

I'd rather play Lewis Ferguson than McGregor.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
McGregor geez peace. Most overrated player in the SPL, Celtic will be kicking themselves that they never took Brendan's money for him as nobody will ever offer that sort of money for him again.

I'd rather play Lewis Ferguson than McGregor.

? Don't watch the SPL as it's utter mince. I'm only going on what I've seen in a Scotland shirt. He gives 100% every time and is pretty useful. Think he's way better than McLean or Armstrong.
Asides from that Tierney was on the bench as well but still waiting to see him do it for Scotland.

U

User62651

? Don't watch the SPL as it's utter mince. I'm only going on what I've seen in a Scotland shirt. He gives 100% every time and is pretty useful. Think he's way better than McLean or Armstrong.
Asides from that Tierney was on the bench as well but still waiting to see him do it for Scotland.

Tierney and Robertson play the same position unfortunately, not sure Tierney is 100% fit yet either. Probaby the best 2 Scottish players around too. Shame one of them isn't a righty.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Tierney and Robertson play the same position unfortunately, not sure Tierney is 100% fit yet either. Probaby the best 2 Scottish players around too. Shame one of them isn't a righty.

Who needs a right back when you can play a very competent holding midfielder at right back???

Clarke's reign is over before it started with his embarrassing team selection. Fans already hate him, Craig Levein square pegs in round holes approach.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
I actually think Tierney and Robertson could work together as long as they have 5 at the back.
Robertson bombing up and down the line with Tierney at left CB covering when Robertson gets forward.
To play McTominay in defence is just mental. OK he's a big unit but not sure what the answer is at RB.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Who is the last quality Scottish player that regularly played well for Scotland? Souness?

Also, who is the last decent player who didn't call off all the time.

Seems people are not that bothered to play for Scotland.

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Also, who is the last decent player who didn't call off all the time.
Currently, Andy Robertson has a decent record, one slightly questionable call-off for the Kazakhstan away game nothwithstanding.

Darren Fletcher is probably the one before him. You could also argue whether we've had any decent players others than those two in the last 20 years anyway.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Currently, Andy Robertson has a decent record, one slightly questionable call-off for the Kazakhstan away game nothwithstanding.

Darren Fletcher is probably the one before him. You could also argue whether we've had any decent players others than those two in the last 20 years anyway.

John Collins springs to mind.

I don't think we see the best of Robertson because he's not surrounded by players on his wavelength. He's still good but stifled by the lack of 'speed of thought' around him.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good night for the old firm, Rangers especially.

Not sure about Rangers especially. Whilst a good win, and any win by a Scottish team in Europe seems to be quantifiable as good these days, Galatasaray are by no means the force they once were in European terms. And even then they were probably 2nd tier good.

Take nothing away from the win, but it wasn't against the European giant that some would have you believe.