Scottish Fitba'

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Anyway…wondering how long UEFA will put up with the Green Brigade holding up Palestinian flags. StJ were finrd about €25,000 a few years back for one laddie flying one Palestinian flag for a few minutes - granted it was a Europa Cup tie. I know Celtic are not happy for fear of alienating their support in the Jewish community, but still it has been happening

Last edited:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
None…other than the strength of OF support in the city. As mentioned…when StJ‘s record support ever, at any game, was the 15,000 or so at the 2014 Scottish Cup Final…🤷‍♂️

I get that. But every town and city in Scotland suffers the same. I know more OF fans in the village I’m from that Dunfermline fans. But the ones that exist still go to the games.

There is something deeper seated than just the OF being a deterrant.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Anyway…wondering how long UEFA will put up with the Green Brigade holding up Palestinian flags. StJ were find about €25,000 a few years back for one laddie flying one Palestinian flag for a few minutes - granted it was a Europa Cup tie.
The Scottish Football Authorities should be looking into this. Slogans are more of an issue.
Surprised the so called green brigade have not been thrown out again by Celtic.
The club themselves do not support such actions I believe.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I get that. But every town and city in Scotland suffers the same. I know more OF fans in the village I’m from that Dunfermline fans. But the ones that exist still go to the games.

There is something deeper seated than just the OF being a deterrant.
A lot of St Johnstone support has traditionally come from the farming community…used to be said that midweek games had a relatively larger home support as they could go to evening games over winter months. Maybe they can’t be bothered with the trek into town these days.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The Scottish Football Authorities should be looking into this. Slogans are more of an issue.
Surprised the so call green brigade have not been thrown out again by Celtic.
The club themselves do not support such actions I believe.
Edited my post to make that point.👍

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Anyway…wondering how long UEFA will put up with the Green Brigade holding up Palestinian flags. StJ were finrd about €25,000 a few years back for one laddie flying one Palestinian flag for a few minutes - granted it was a Europa Cup tie. I know Celtic are not happy for fear of alienating their support in the Jewish community, but still it has been happening
UEFA are hypocrites, politics are ok when it suits them. War in Ukraine as an example.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Celtic awful first half, much better second half. Idah looks a player, two great finishes. Could be a massive win in the context of the season.
Thought you'd left the site as you've been posted missing from this thread. 🤣

Seems like Brenda doesn't know his best 11 as the commentary suggest Celtic were much better after subs and were awful in the first half.