Scottish Fitba'

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just watched highlights. Boyle got booked for a dive. There was clear contact on him, should have been a penalty for Hibs. 🤷‍♂️
Rubbish, he brushed against the full back them threw himself to the ground theatrically. It was embarrassing. If you give a penalty for that, you are condoning cheating.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Rubbish, he brushed against the full back them threw himself to the ground theatrically. It was embarrassing. If you give a penalty for that, you are condoning cheating.
Penalties are given seemingly rather randomly for ball brushing an arm. Doesn’t have to be anything much in the way of a contact or deflection.

Besides…VAR is there to catch the cheats.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
There was a Swiss drummer a few years back. He was so awful it was funny
Which makes me ponder what is England‘s national instrument, or if there isn’t one what instrument is recognised as emblematic of England in the way the bagpipes are associated with Scotland…though for Scotland I myself would associate Scots fiddle music up there with the pibroch (the type of pipe tune that for me speaks to the soul of Scots…well Gaels at least). The jingling bells of the Morris men..? Or maybe the concertina as it is associated with the songs of the English seaman as he sailed the world over? Maybe England fans should be singing ‘What shall we do with a drunken (ingenuity here)’…or…’Blow the Man Down…’. Anything but a culturally appropriated spiritual.

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The barmy army, cricket, have a trumpeter. I think the football have something similar, was he a Sheffield Wednesday fan? @Beezerk might be able to help there. Brass bands are very English so a trumpet makes sense, easy to carry as well.

South Africa and the dreaded vuvuzela 😱.

None as clear a link as the bagpipes though I'd suggest.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The barmy army, cricket, have a trumpeter. I think the football have something similar, was he a Sheffield Wednesday fan? @Beezerk might be able to help there. Brass bands are very English so a trumpet makes sense, easy to carry as well.

South Africa and the dreaded vuvuzela 😱.

None as clear a link as the bagpipes though I'd suggest.
An anti Scots journalist was insisting that if bagpipes were allowed at the Euros so should vuvuzelas.......... until the smart presenter told her that SA were not playing in the competition. 😍

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Which makes me ponder what is England‘s national instrument, or if there isn’t one what instrument is recognised as emblematic of England in the way the bagpipes are associated with Scotland…though for Scotland I myself would associate Scots fiddle music up there with the pibroch (the type of pipe tune that for me speaks to the soul of Scots…well Gaels at least). The jingling bells of the Morris men..? Or maybe the concertina as it is associated with the songs of the English seaman as he sailed the world over? Maybe England fans should be singing ‘What shall we do with a drunken (ingenuity here)’…or…’Blow the Man Down…’. Anything but a culturally appropriated spiritual.
The lute perhaps.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Aberdeen and Hibs on exactly the same stats........spookie :devilish:

Good to see the old/new firm scrapping it out for the title

Good to see? just the status quo surely. Only the OF have won it in more than a generation and will again this season (& next etc) foregone conclusion

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good to see? just the status quo surely. Only the OF have won it in more than a generation and will again this season (& next etc) foregone conclusion
Agree but those 8/9 title wins on the trot did nothing for Scots football.
Hearts are the closest team to the pair for the first time in ages but still a dozen or so points behind

Another good stat......normally it is old firm players in the first half dozen places.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was at the Rangers game today, went for a laugh as my mate had a spare ticket and it’s half an hour up the road (and he just wanted someone to drive him around).

Absolute turgid stuff. Levein does have St. Johnstone playing some nice compact stuff though.

How the ref missed the handball is a mystery, he was right in line with it and even I could see it from ten times the distance.

How absolutely terrible is Dessers in the flesh though? Holy sheerhite, the fact he has scored this season should be the biggest surprise. The look of panic on his face in front of goal is comedic.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I was at the Rangers game today, went for a laugh as my mate had a spare ticket and it’s half an hour up the road (and he just wanted someone to drive him around).

Absolute turgid stuff. Levein does have St. Johnstone playing some nice compact stuff though.

How the ref missed the handball is a mystery, he was right in line with it and even I could see it from ten times the distance.

How absolutely terrible is Dessers in the flesh though? Holy sheerhite, the fact he has scored this season should be the biggest surprise. The look of panic on his face in front of goal is comedic.
You’ll have noticed a distinct lack of St Johnstone supporters in the ground…there aren’t that many for home games against any other team, but when Rangers visit many regulars don’t go. They can’t be bothered with the aggro and the ‘No Surrender’ bile spewed by some of the Rangers support - and given the likelihood of anything other than being humped… It’s a great pity and shame that it remains so, but tbh I don’t know what Rangers can do about it.

StJ looked competitive for much of the game (Phillips has been missed last couple of games and he adds bite to midfield) but my goodness midfield and defensive mistakes, slackness and carelessness don’t half make it easier for the opposition - especially when it’s Video Assist Rangers 😉 (btw have to accept that going by current criteria both pens were pens)

Last edited: